Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3x CLI APPROVED!!!

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX 3x CLI APPROVED!!!

@LilNYC wrote:
@youngandcredit- 1 cc @ 94% & another at 89% (other 2 were 10% & 25%) I think this shows that with regards to credit increases, Amex is more concerned with your history with them than other creditors. @Anonymous- 1st statement balance $900 2nd statement balance $525 I paid in full once my statement generated. I also have a Zync that was opened a couple of weeks before & I paid those right away. Hardly charged anything on the Zync (1 charge each cycle for under $20.) However, during the 1st billing cycle on the BCP I kept charging up to $2,000 & then returned stuff. $2,000 CL wasn't really cutting it- I had to split my Bloomingdales charges on 2 cards more than once. I only mention this bc ppl say that Amex likes ppl who spend a lot and that if you don't use the limit they started you with then you don't have a case for an increase. Not sure if I buy this line of thinking. (Wasn't trying to pull anything with the buying & returning it's just that the way Bloomingdales sakes wirk, you get a bigger percentage off if you charge more.) My income is pretty mid range. I had a green card 12 yrs ago for a few months but Amex has no record of it so essentially the Zync & BCP are my first Amexes.

When you say "returned stuff"........do you mean returning what you bought or just paying off cards???

Message 11 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

interesting... I was actually a little worried about two of my accounts reporting with high util (Chase Freedom and Trav Amex)....

so maybe this isn't a concern. I def plan to PIF with Amex though!!! This is good info to hear! Thanks :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 14
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I keep my balances low or zero.  It's been challenging of late since I just bought my house and Christmas is around the corner though, but thankfully I don't have any interest being charged until Dec' 2013.  I wouldn't worry too much about ultiizatin and credit score unless I was going to ask for more credit.  Keeping balances low helps with that though.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 13 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah my bals are all at 0%. my trav amex 0% expires in Dec., so I just bt'ed most of it to Freedom lol... But I think it may double report the balance for like a week since my Trav Amex bal won't report after the new Chase bal reports. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.