Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3x approval

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX 3x approval

Congrats..

Mine is on Feb 8th. I already got 6500, Not really sure if I need more/should Apply for it...

Message 11 of 26
Benelli
Established Member

I didn't need more really, I just want lower utilization %. 

Message 12 of 26
SorenX

@Benelli wrote:

Around $95000 without my wife's income but i never list her's on applications.. I dono if I should be or not. 

So many people on here making $60,000+. Making only $30K and unable to accomplish a lot of my goals because of my income, it makes me wonder how everyone's doing it.

Message 13 of 26
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Benelli wrote:

I've been with amex for around 63 days, credit limit of $2800 and I typiclly charge around $1000 a month but always pay in full before it cuts. I was just approved for a new $8400 limit through the online request form! My new highest!  

Thanks for all the help yet again. If it were not for this site and the person who did all the research on 3x I never would have applied for the increase. 

Congrats Smiley Happy on your CLI

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 14 of 26
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 15 of 26
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@SorenX wrote:

@Benelli wrote:

Around $95000 without my wife's income but i never list her's on applications.. I dono if I should be or not. 

So many people on here making $60,000+. Making only $30K and unable to accomplish a lot of my goals because of my income, it makes me wonder how everyone's doing it.

There are a lot of people on here with 20k/30k income. What do you mean you wonder how people are doing it? They got job/jobs to make that much a year....??  

If you're frustrated with your credit not growing as much as you think it should, you simply need to be patient. Those same people with those same incomes also have high credit lines similar to the 60k/90k individuals. Of course, income is a factor when determining CLs.

Good luck.

Message 16 of 26
SorenX

@KennyS2006 wrote:
What do you mean you wonder how people are doing it? They got job/jobs to make that much a year....??  

If you're frustrated with your credit not growing as much as you think it should, you simply need to be patient. Those same people with those same incomes also have high credit lines similar to the 60k/90k individuals. Of course, income is a factor when determining CLs.

Good luck.

Well you say it like you just make the decision one day to go out and get one of those jobs . . . like jobs making $90,000 are plentiful and ripe for the picking. I know plenty of people who have worked in all kinds of industries--and have worked in those industries for a long time, and hard too--and they are not making anywhere close to $90K. I mean, it's been my goal for years now just to get to $40K and I've never made more than $32K, and that's with a degree and about a decade of experience as a computer tech. So basically what I'm saying is that, from my experience, the person who makes $60K . . . $90K . . . $120K+ is a rare bird so it's strange to me to see so many of them grouped together in a single place.

As for my credit growing, I can assure you that I'm a lot more concerned about my income growing than my credit growing. Aside from the utilization factor, there's no real point in being able to borrow a lot of money if you can't pay it back, and my ultimate goal is to one day be able to pay cash for that $50,000 car or $500,000 condo that I might want to buy.

Message 17 of 26
sailingnomore
Established Member

test 123

Message 18 of 26
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

@SorenX wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:
What do you mean you wonder how people are doing it? They got job/jobs to make that much a year....??  

Good luck.

Well you say it like you just make the decision one day to go out and get one of those jobs . . . like jobs making $90,000 are plentiful and ripe for the picking. I know plenty of people who have worked in all kinds of industries--and have worked in those industries for a long time, and hard too--and they are not making anywhere close to $90K. I mean, it's been my goal for years now just to get to $40K and I've never made more than $32K, and that's with a degree and about a decade of experience as a computer tech. So basically what I'm saying is that, from my experience, the person who makes $60K . . . $90K . . . $120K+ is a rare bird so it's strange to me to see so many of them grouped together in a single place.

As for my credit growing, I can assure you that I'm a lot more concerned about my income growing than my credit growing. Aside from the utilization factor, there's no real point in being able to borrow a lot of money if you can't pay it back, and my ultimate goal is to one day be able to pay cash for that $50,000 car or $500,000 condo that I might want to buy.

If you don't mind me asking, what degree do you have? there are a lot of jobs that have average salaries of 60k or more, and then of course that number goes up a lot with a graduate degree (in specific fields, at least). If you really feel like you've reached a dead end with your income, have you considered going back to school? 

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 19 of 26
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.