cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 91 DAYS IS ALMOST UP - WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX 91 DAYS IS ALMOST UP - WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Hello everyone, 

As usual I am back to get more information from the experts here at this forum. I got approved for the AMEX BCE back in March for 1K SL and was denied on day 61. My 91 days are coming up this weekend but will wait until next week depending on the advices you can provide. I see they already SP my EX score last August 12th and thankfully it was before the 3 points decrease. But the factors on my credit report which I'm afraid may cause AMEX to again deny my request. I've listed them below hoping to solicit some advice. 

Total spend to date: $2K plus

Positive Factors:

No Missed Payments

Low Credit Usage

Recent Credit Card Usage

Negative Factors:

Short Credit History

Oldest Account age is 11 mos. (10 mos. from Amex's last SP from August 12th)

AAoA: 6 mos (5 mos old from Amex's last SP 8/12)

Short Revolving History

Note:

When I was denied back in May, these negative factors were among the things they highlighted including my score dropping quite a bit from applying both for Discover and AMEX at the time and I'm afraid that these factors may still haunt me. I'm not sure if there's anyone that has somewhat a similar profile like mine that had success getting their CLI's approved given their short history? I'd appreciate both positive and negative advice you can provide and thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 91 DAYS IS ALMOST UP - WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

I am not sure what your odds are but I was approved for 1k on my BCE and got CLI to 3k at 3 weeks. good luck!

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

3weeks? I thought you had to wait 91 days?
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can technically request a CLI whenever you want, but there's not promise you'll get it. I say try it and see what happens. Worst that can happen is a no. 

Message 4 of 33
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

When I hit the CLI button at day 30 I was told to call.

I called and was told by the CSR that I had to have the card at least 60 days before I could ask for an increase and assured me I wasn't denied, just stated their policy.

Not sure if those who got an increase before 60 days are new to AMEX, or the CSR was lying/misinformed or it's a newer policy.

My 61 days is coming up on the 24th.

After using it a lot these past 2 months, if they don't give me a 3x increase from my $1k limit, all of my spending will go to Discover Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input guys. The only thing I can see hurting my odds would be the length of my credit history, which I understand in case they decided to want more history. I will try regardless and see where I stand from there and if it's a no, then I will try again in 91 days which would be November.

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Total80sKid wrote:

I called and was told by the CSR that I had to have the card at least 60 days before I could ask for an increase and assured me I wasn't denied, just stated their policy.

Not sure if those who got an increase before 60 days are new to AMEX, or the CSR was lying/misinformed or it's a newer policy.

After using it a lot these past 2 months, if they don't give me a 3x increase from my $1k limit, all of my spending will go to Discover Smiley Happy

Well I got a PRG a week before the BCE. So in a month I had run 2100 dollars through PRG and paid and 800 dollars through BCE and paid.  I am not sure if running 2900 dollars through their cards in a month and paying them all made any difference.  I had to make multiple payments on BCE as I didn't want high utilization to report which was annoying me so that is why I asked for CLI.  

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Total80sKid wrote:

Well I got a PRG a week before the BCE. So in a month I had run 2100 dollars through PRG and paid and 800 dollars through BCE and paid.  I am not sure if running 2900 dollars through their cards in a month and paying them all made any difference.  I had to make multiple payments on BCE as I didn't want high utilization to report which was annoying me so that is why I asked for CLI.  

Thank you for the input. I do think that your spend across all of your AMEX accounts will help the CLI request. But I guess where we vary is that my credit history is short compared to yours. So they are more inclined to see you as less of a risk than me. I just figured that I'd make use of my time in the garden to grow my existing cards history and limit, so I come out fresh and strong out of the garden. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 33
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@frogman1

I'm doing the same thing.

Using the BCE a lot, then once the pending things post, I pay it off.
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! Just wanted to update and share the great news. I requested for my CLI today and got approved finally, bringing my CL from 1k to 3K. Thank you again for your inputs. 

@Total80sKid wrote:
@Anonymous

I'm doing the same thing.

Using the BCE a lot, then once the pending things post, I pay it off.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.