Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approval

tag
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Approval

Hey 'guys'.  I kept getting mailers from AMEX offering the Green Card but I wasn't interested.  Checked Pre-qual on their website and was pre-qualified for several cards with solid APR's.  I app'd for the Every Day Card and was approved instantly for a whopping $1k.  At least I'm in.  I know several threads show people requesting CLI at 61 days from the date of activating their cards, and it seems to normally be a soft pull.  However, i have found at least 1 thread that said it was a Hard Pull.  Any rhyme or reason to hard pull verses solf pull?  I appreciate anyones personal experience.

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Approval

congrats on the approval!

Message 2 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I recently got back in with Amex after 10 years in the dog house back in FebruarySmiley Happy. Got myself a Green charge, this was more of an accident lol, and since i had myFico knowledge power haha, i went for the ED right after. 2 for 1 hp . Not bad. ED sl was 1k as well. I thought i may have got in but theyll keep me there forever based on previous posters experiences after having included Amex in bk. About a week after approval, decided to do some maintenance on my car and thought what the heck, gotta try for the 1k bonus so put about 900 bucks on it. For some reason about a week later i decided to try and go for the 3x cli figuring all ill get is too soon letter or your not worthy lolSmiley Wink. Lo and behold, they actually instant approved me which shocked me to the core. So that was my experience.
Message 3 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As for when you can request a CLI as AverageJoesCredit had with his experience you don't have to wait the 61 days after the account opens to request a CLI on your card. You can request one upon activation if you want if your credit profile supports it. And it will be a soft pull you just have to be careful as to which soft pull report they use because it seems like AMEX likes to use old soft pull reports and not current ones when taking CLI requests into consideration. Searching the forums can give more clarification on this issue if needed.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex approval, and yes it can grow. You should be safe when asking for a CLI with being a SP request

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. I believe you are safe for a SP increase (depending on your profile) at 61 days....good luck!!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the AMEX.     should grow pretty quickly from all i've read on here and the 3x cli request post

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Legal_Girl congratulations on your AMEX approval! 😊
Message 8 of 15
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Congrats. App the Blue Cash and you will probably get it too. I got 2 in one day and the ED card was a low limit but the BCP was given 2k. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting in with AmEx. Hopefully it will grow quickly for you
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.