cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approved?! Alright... Time for the garden!

tag
megan1387

AMEX Approved?! Alright... Time for the garden!

A few weeks ago I thought I would apply for some credit cards to help build my credit since the only card I have is a Capital One Journey card with a CL of $750. I first applied for a Citi Dividends Student card and was really disappointed when I was denied due to a past paid collections on my accounts (I'm sending in a recon letter, but not counting on anything). 

A few days later I ended up going on a mini app spree (once one was approved I couldn't stop!) I was approved for a Capital One Cash Rewards ($1000), Discover It Student ($500), and then I just now found out I was approved for an AMEX Green Card!! And still waiting to hear on the AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles (waiting for my address verification to go through, but since it just went through and was approved for the green card, I've got my fingers crossed!)

Credit score has taken a small hit from all the apps (682 down to 673) but hoping this will be good for me in the long run! And now, to the garden!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Approved?! Alright... Time for the garden!

It will. I did the same thing and i'm off to the Garden for a very very long time. I'll see you there Smiley Happy.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 2 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
If they're doing an addy verification, sounds like you're approved!!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats!

I agree with young

Congrats and see you in the garden

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 13
JonStur
Established Contributor

Time to seed, plant, water, and hoe.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 5 of 13
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

AWESOME! Sounds like you're in with the Delta Amex as well. Good for you!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 13
culture
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

have you been asked for addy verification .   how long do they take to respond?   I sent my certification on priority with tracking because I didnt want to send it in the pre paid envelop, I saw they have it ....  just giving them a few days ...  curious if I should call

Message 7 of 13
megan1387

@culture wrote:

Congrats!

have you been asked for addy verification .   how long do they take to respond?   I sent my certification on priority with tracking because I didnt want to send it in the pre paid envelop, I saw they have it ....  just giving them a few days ...  curious if I should call

I faxed my address verification in and it took about 3-4 business days to process

Message 8 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I called them and they got my bank on the line, did it over the phone, got my approval and had my BCE expedited foe freee ninety nine (aka free)! Lolz.
Bank verified only addy, not my lackluster checking balance. Lol!

Haha JonStur said HOE! Bahahhaha and the mods didn't bleeeep him 😳😊😉
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 13
culture
Regular Contributor

I called them and they got my bank on the line, did it over the phone, got my approval and had my BCE expedited foe freee ninety nine (aka free)! Lolz.
Bank verified only addy, not my lackluster checking balance. Lol!

Haha JonStur said HOE! Bahahhaha and the mods didn't bleeeep him 😳😊😉
Yeah i couldnt do it over the phone needed to wait for a few more days 

@megan1387 wrote:

@culture wrote:

Congrats!

I faxed my address verification in and it took about 3-4 business days to process

thanks I hope is 3-4 days since they got it yesterday...

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.