Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE - Approved!

tag
sdotlow
Established Member

Re: AMEX BCE - Approved!

Just went through numerous phone calls to all of the CA lines in the sticky.   Got bounced around endlessly.  Repeatedly d/c'd.  Ended up just calling and canceling my card.

Then I tweet Capitol One and their looking into it.

I closed my checking account with them years ago when they bought up my local bank because of how obnoxious their customer service was.  This is just absurd.

Amex CS scores - EX-745 / EQ-745 / TU-767 (6/28/13)
BankAmericard Cash Rewards - 10k, MAFCU Visa Rewards - 10k, Chase Freedom - 2500, Discover IT - 2000, Barclay Apple - 2000, AMEX BCE - 2000
Gardening as of 6/28/13
Message 21 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sdotlow wrote:

Just went through numerous phone calls to all of the CA lines in the sticky.   Got bounced around endlessly.  Repeatedly d/c'd.  Ended up just calling and canceling my card.

I closed my checking account with them years ago when they bought up my local bank because of how obnoxious their customer service was.  This is just absurd.

Ok you lost me but I will try and help who did you call and for what?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 23
sdotlow
Established Member

@myjourney wrote:

@sdotlow wrote:

Ok you lost me but I will try and help who did you call and for what?

Ok so my initial point of contact was with 3 different people via their online chat.  I was advised by the first one that I qualified for the Quicksilver card, and that I could upgrade my Platinum Visa or just apply for the Quicksilver alone and get it.  The rep advised me to not bother upgrading and to just apply since I would get it anyway.

Applied and denied.

The contact with the next 2 reps was the same, we can't help you, call in.  Fine.

I called in to the normal number.  I was told I'd have to wait for the letter.  I proceeded to go down the list of numbers listed in the sticky (except the last one for the sr analyst), and got continually shuffled around by individuals, eventually landing at someone that echoed the initial line from the normal number "you'll have to wait for the letter".  That's the short of it.  I already canceled the card out completely so that bridge has been crossed.

I contacted Cap One via Twitter and they seem to think there's something they can do.  I haven't heard from anyone yet (granted, the end of my saga last night was around 9:30PM).  I'd imagine I'll hear from someone today.  I received an email at 6am stating I have a document to review on my account, but my account is closed and documents are not available for review.  I'll contact someone via twitter again shortly.

With all of this being said, I had Capitol One as my checking / savings as they had bought up my main bank.  Their customer service was horrid, so I switched.  I've never had good experiences with their credit card division either, which is why the card just idled in my wallet never getting touched.  I have so many better cards at this point, I don't see the bad side of getting rid of it, short of decresing my max CL by 2k, but I'm sitting over 30k at the moment.

Amex CS scores - EX-745 / EQ-745 / TU-767 (6/28/13)
BankAmericard Cash Rewards - 10k, MAFCU Visa Rewards - 10k, Chase Freedom - 2500, Discover IT - 2000, Barclay Apple - 2000, AMEX BCE - 2000
Gardening as of 6/28/13
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.