Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE and Green Charge Card -Thin File>>> Approved

tag
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

AMEX BCE and Green Charge Card -Thin File>>> Approved

My friend has shown some interest in credit cards and credit stuffs. He asked me to help him with this journey so the first thing i did was to add him on my best buy store card (1 year old)  and Cap 1 Quicksilver card (1 1/2 years old)  as an AU. Of course i didn't give him any of my cards

i then asked him to apply for the secured card last month and yeah he was approved after some ID verification stuff

And here's the intersting part, so he was like but this secured card isn't a real credit card so he asked me if there was any way he can get an unsecured one i told him. It's possible but it can be hard to get approved with such a thin credit file. He then proceeded to try his look with AMEX, applied for the Green card and the result: APPROVED

YONATAN.PNG

. He got excited because he's now IN with AMEX and then he asked me if he can apply for the AMEX BCE, i was a little hasitant but i told him go for it. It's a SP anyway. The result APPROVED

YONATAN AMEX.PNG

Edit: The credit limit on the BCE is $2,000

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE and Green Charge Card - Approved

Congrats!
Message 2 of 14
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE and Green Charge Card - Approved

Very nice.. Congrats!

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 3 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX BCE and Green Charge Card -Thin File>>> Approved

Grats on your dual Amex approval Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to your friend! You've been very kind to share you knowledge with your friend and add him as an AU to your CCs.  How long ago prior to his double Amex approval did you add him as an AU?

Message 5 of 14
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Good work - congrats to both of you!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex's approvals.

Message 7 of 14
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to your friend! You've been very kind to share you knowledge with your friend and add him as an AU to your CCs.  How long ago prior to his double Amex approval did you add him as an AU?

Thanks! 

I added him as an AU in January 2015 so let's say its been three months  he's been an AU on my accounts

I don't really know what he's gonna do with this Capital One secured card now that he has a real unsecured credit card

Yea i posted this  as an example for people who have thin files and show that is possible to get in with AMEX with little credit history which in this case is only 2 tradelines reporting as authorized user (AU) Of course he didn't have baddies of any kind just the 2 AUs account are reporting on the CRAs  with positive credit history

Message 8 of 14
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations to your friend!!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to your friend and kudos to you for helping Smiley Very Happy He's off to a great start
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.