Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE app

tag
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

AMEX BCE app

Should i app today?? last day for max backdating in January! Only a SP if denied. The only difference between this month and next month will be utilization.

Is it better to app with only one card showing a balance? Right now all my cards show small balances. Just waiting for them to update..

yes/no/maybe?

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX BCE app

How high is utilitization? Approximate score of EX?

Honestly, if you're going to app, might as well do it.... but didn't the people who apped at the end of 2013 get 2014 cards? I thought they were ahead like 1-3 days or so?
Message 2 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

Should i app today?? last day for max backdating in January! Only a SP if denied. The only difference between this month and next month will be utilization.

Is it better to app with only one card showing a balance? Right now all my cards show small balances. Just waiting for them to update..

yes/no/maybe?

Max backdating can be Feb..Mar...April depending what month your first card was approved you would still see an added benefit 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 27
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
How high is utilitization? Approximate score of EX?

Honestly, if you're going to app, might as well do it.... but didn't the people who apped at the end of 2013 get 2014 cards? I thought they were ahead like 1-3 days or so?

utilization is 14% on my citi diamond preferred, otherwise, seven percent or lower across the board. EX Fako..........655-660 ish.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 4 of 27
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

yes/no/maybe?

Max backdating can be Feb..Mar...April depending what month your first card was approved you would still see an added benefit 

Apped for my Green in 8/2013. But max backdating for AAOA purposes.

Message 5 of 27
Weights
Regular Contributor

If you want the card, I say go for it, since it'll only be a sp if declined as a current AMEX member.  Let us know the outcome if you declide to pull the trigger.  Either way, best of luck!

Message 6 of 27
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Weights wrote:

If you want the card, I say go for it, since it'll only be a sp if declined as a current AMEX member.  Let us know the outcome if you declide to pull the trigger.  Either way, best of luck!

Pretty much.... if you have the HP to spend and value the backdating then go for it.

Message 7 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

yes/no/maybe?

Apped for my Green in 8/2013. But max backdating for AAOA purposes.

So example app in Feb cards will display 2/2013 Mar. 3/2013

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 27
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Approved!!!

I did it all on my phone since my laptop is toast...

Where can I see my limit? I don't think it's letting me login since I just got approved.
Message 9 of 27
Weights
Regular Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:
Approved!!!

I did it all on my phone since my laptop is toast...

Where can I see my limit? I don't think it's letting me login since I just got approved.

Congratulations!  You can call customer service and ask them for the limit.  

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.