Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI DECLINED AT 61 DAYS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CLI DECLINED AT 61 DAYS

Have Delta Gold Card and was turned down first time around for CLI increase. Suggestion that i need to do so i can get approved this time around. i carry a balance on the card make weekly payments on the acct. Thanks for all the help

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI DECLINED AT 61 DAYS

@Anonymous wrote:

Have Delta Gold Card and was turned down first time around for CLI increase. Suggestion that i need to do so i can get approved this time around. i carry a balance on the card make weekly payments on the acct. Thanks for all the help

keep doing what you are doing,  work on improving your credit score. Not everyone gets the 61 day CLI, but that doesn't mean you won't get it in 2 more months. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am at 90 days after my decline and close to my limit but going to make a big payment this week. just wondering if i should go for it

Message 3 of 29
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am at 90 days after my decline and close to my limit but going to make a big payment this week. just wondering if i should go for it

note that AMEX will use thier last SP to determine the CLI approved,   what did your UTL look like a month ago if it was high you may want to wait a while and have a UTL report on your cards.   I was denied in October for my 6 month CLI, based on a report that they pulled in August. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can i tell when there last sp was. I have experian and not sure where to look

Message 5 of 29
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How can i tell when there last sp was. I have experian and not sure where to look

Its under the inquires section, towards the bottom it will say something along the lines of these are inquires that only you can see. Those are the soft pulls, usually alot of others soft pulls from promotional things too. Just look for Amex and the date will be next to it.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Its under the inquires section, towards the bottom it will say something along the lines of these are inquires that only you can see. Those are the soft pulls, usually alot of others soft pulls from promotional things too. Just look for Amex and the date will be next to it.

I don't think you can see the soft pulls on experian anymore. but to be correct. i will double check right now. i still have my discounted experian account.

Message 7 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

yes now you can only see the hard pulls on experian. looks like eq and transunions daily pullers are the only ones that let you see the soft pulls now. wth

Message 8 of 29
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

That's interesting, the paid one you can't see the soft pull but the free one you can. I just had to double check right now.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

how do you get the free one then??

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.