Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Denial Then Approval

tag
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

AMEX CLI Denial Then Approval

So,  I opened my Amex blue cash everyday in December and the SL was $5k.  Upon activation I got it increased to $10k.  After 6 months (June) I attempted to get another CLI and was denied due to my payments being too low (I was paying three times the minimum every two months then I'd PIF, pay three times the minimum for two months so on so forth).  So, instead of taking advantage of the 0% APR and carrying a balance, I PIF back in July and I've charged very small amounts $5-$35 a month.  So, here we are at my 90-91 days post denial and I again tried for $25,000 and was countered with $15,500.  I took it and I'm happy with it.  My score for experience is a 701 with under somewhere around 5 inquiries.  Before the CLI my overall utilization was somewhere around 30% due to some balance transfer due to be paid off in February.  Hope this helps someone!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX CLI Denial Then Approval

@The_Gazelle12 wrote:

So,  I opened my Amex blue cash everyday in December and the SL was $5k.  Upon activation I got it increased to $10k.  After 6 months (June) I attempted to get another CLI and was denied due to my payments being too low (I was paying three times the minimum every two months then I'd PIF, pay three times the minimum for two months so on so forth).  So, instead of taking advantage of the 0% APR and carrying a balance, I PIF back in July and I've charged very small amounts $5-$35 a month.  So, here we are at my 90-91 days post denial and I again tried for $25,000 and was countered with $15,500.  I took it and I'm happy with it.  My score for experience is a 701 with under somewhere around 5 inquiries.  Before the CLI my overall utilization was somewhere around 30% due to some balance transfer due to be paid off in February.  Hope this helps someone!

Congrats! I did request CLI 3x already from opening but AMex didn't want to give me Smiley Sad ...

Message 2 of 4
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

When did you open your card? I think right after I opened mine, they went back to the 61 day rule. I'm not sure, but I believe that was the case.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.