cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Gold Approved! PC Questions ...

tag
SoonerMagic1
Established Member

AMEX Delta Gold Approved! PC Questions ...

Just learned minutes ago that my Amex Delta Gold app was approved!  Small credit limit ($1k), but I'm not too concerned about that.  I wanted an Amex revolver preferably the BCP, but I will be happy with the BCE.  (I applied for the Delta Gold because I was denied for the BCP a month ago at the same time I was approved for the Amex PRG.)  I am defintely in gardening mode now until next year when I hope to buy a home.  A couple of PC questions ...

(1) Has anyone managed a PC from Detla Gold to BCP?  I've heard of PC's from Delta Gold to BCE but never to BCP perhaps because of the CARD Act and annual fee differences.  Although the Delta Gold has an AF, it is waived the first year so not sure how that affects things if at all.

(2) Has anyone PC'd a Delta Gold with that low of a credit limit ($1,000)?

(3) I got in on a 50,000 bonus Skymiles offer and want to keep those miles once they're earned.  My plan is to ask for a PC after I earn those miles and they show up in my Skymiles account.  Anyone done that or had issues with PC'ing after having received or used their Skymiles?

Thanks for all the knowledge I have gained from this forum and in advance to anyone who can answer my questions!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
tinom1234
New Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta Gold Approved! PC Questions ...

@SoonerMagic1 wrote:

Just learned minutes ago that my Amex Delta Gold app was approved!  Small credit limit ($1k), but I'm not too concerned about that.  I wanted an Amex revolver preferably the BCP, but I will be happy with the BCE.  (I applied for the Delta Gold because I was denied for the BCP a month ago at the same time I was approved for the Amex PRG.)  I am defintely in gardening mode now until next year when I hope to buy a home.  A couple of PC questions ...

(1) Has anyone managed a PC from Detla Gold to BCP?  I've heard of PC's from Delta Gold to BCE but never to BCP perhaps because of the CARD Act and annual fee differences.  Although the Delta Gold has an AF, it is waived the first year so not sure how that affects things if at all.

(2) Has anyone PC'd a Delta Gold with that low of a credit limit ($1,000)?

(3) I got in on a 50,000 bonus Skymiles offer and want to keep those miles once they're earned.  My plan is to ask for a PC after I earn those miles and they show up in my Skymiles account.  Anyone done that or had issues with PC'ing after having received or used their Skymiles?

Thanks for all the knowledge I have gained from this forum and in advance to anyone who can answer my questions!

Congrats! I just got approved last week for a Delta Gold AMEX, CL is $10k. I'm jealous of your 50,000 bonus miles! I 'only' got 35,000. I'm curious about the first question you asked, too, I'll be watching this thread.

EX 758 | EQ 721 | TU 768
Goal: 760+ across the board by May 2015
Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX $32.8K | Citi Thank You Preferred $7K | Discover It $8.2K | Chase $3K + a few store cards
Message 2 of 11
SoonerMagic1
Established Member

Thanks & congrats on your approval as well!  I would have liked the $10k CL you got, but for now I'm happy to get my foot in the door to the Amex revolver family, and I'm already planning a trip to San Diego for my girlfriend's bday to burn through those 50k Skymiles!  Smiley Happy

Anyone have any insight into my Amex PC questions?  Anyone?  Bueller? 

Message 3 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@SoonerMagic1 wrote:

Thanks & congrats on your approval as well!  I would have liked the $10k CL you got, but for now I'm happy to get my foot in the door to the Amex revolver family, and I'm already planning a trip to San Diego for my girlfriend's bday to burn through those 50k Skymiles!  Smiley Happy

Anyone have any insight into my Amex PC questions?  Anyone?  Bueller? 

I think that despite the BCP and the Delta being revolvers, they are two different beasts in terms of reward structure. One is CB and the other skymiles i.e. a different category in itself.

PC might be difficult but i'm also interested in this thread. I'll be watching it.

Message 4 of 11
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

You will have to wait 13 months from the date of activation before you can PC, but after that you should be good to go.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

This thread might answer the question you have about PC'ing from teh DElta to the BCP

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PC-from-Amex-Delta-Gold/m-p/1891641#M525375

Message 6 of 11
SoonerMagic1
Established Member

Thank you!  I knew that others have had success PC'ing from DG to BCE, but still haven't seen anyone reporting a PC from DG to BCP at least within the first year.  Kind of confirms what I thought.

Since I have little patience I would really like to try the PC now, but my plan is to get the 50k Skymiles & $50 statement credit, use the 50k Skymiles, and then try a PC to BCP or BCE.  I expect to get turned down for the BCP but hopefully have the same luck others have in getting the almost as good BCE.  Then in 13 months hopefully I can turn the BCE into a BCP.

Wish me luck & thanks for all the replies!

Message 7 of 11
icantsurf
Valued Member

I was approved for Delta Gold with a $1000 limit and was able to PC to BCE after 3 or 4 months. I did it by sending them a secure message. I did ask if I was eligibile for either BCP or BCE and they said BCE, prob because of the CARD act.

Starting Score: EX: 678 EQ: 677 TU: 667 03/06/2013
Current Score: EX: 684 EQ: 687 TU: 705 03/31/2014 / Last App: 08/04/2013 / In the Garden Until: 01/04/2013

NPSL           $5000           $3000           $3000           $2500           $2000           $1000            $1000           $1000           
Message 8 of 11
SoonerMagic1
Established Member

@icantsurf:  Thank you .. I will follow your lead and do the same!  Couple of questions:

(1)  Did you receive Skymiles when you signed up and if so were you able to keep them?

(2)  Did you receive or ask for a CLI when you PC'd to BCE?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 11
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

Are there other airline cards with better sign up bonuses than this? 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.