Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Gold Approved!

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

AMEX Delta Gold Approved!

Approved with 30k sign up bonus and a year of backdating. I was going to apply for the Costco True Earnings as well, but they only gave me a 2k limit. I think I may be better off to wait. That Paypal Mastercard kind of messed my plans up. I'm still pretty happy with the outcome though. In one year I went from a $300 Capone to a $500 capone, $2750 Discover it, NPSL AMEX Green, $2000 Paypal MC, and now a $2000 AMEX Delta Gold.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta Gold Approved!

I got the Platinum Delta yesterday, same Bonus...  30K miles is nice

after a year you might look at upgrading to the platinum, 150 AF but you get a free companion ticket every year and the ability to earn MQMs

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 12
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

I got the Platinum Delta yesterday, same Bonus...  30K miles is nice

after a year you might look at upgrading to the platinum, 150 AF but you get a free companion ticket every year and the ability to earn MQMs

I considered the Platinum, but I only really fly once maybe twice a year and always alone. For me the Gold made more sense. Especially since there is a decent chance that I cancel it at the year mark before the af hits.

Message 3 of 12
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

yeah if you fly alone it's not really worth it...  for me on the other hand my fiance is always with me if it's for pleasure so it saves me at least the cost of one ticket a year

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 12
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

I just got Approved for the Amex Gold Delta also,  BD to 2001

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 6 of 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 7 of 12
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 8 of 12
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@newportguy wrote:

Nice! I can't wait until I'm getting that much in backdating... Even with mine just being a year it is still going to help my aaoa considerably.

Message 9 of 12
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@Default4 wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

Nice! I can't wait until I'm getting that much in backdating... Even with mine just being a year it is still going to help my aaoa considerably.

Thank you, this should put all my scores over the 800 mark

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.