Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold approved!

With my recent score changes just from opening 2 cc accounts (cap1, boa) I decided to try Amex again. With a EX 644, I got approved with a SL of $1000. Highest limit card since I started rebuilding.  Should I stop now? Does anyone else have suggestions on what else to apply for?

Current state of Fico 8: EQ634, TU 635, EX644

This is exciting! 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold approved!

Doesn't Amex do the whole 1HP for 2 cards? Maybe app for a Revolver?
Message 2 of 17
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Id app for a PRG... Since OP was just approved for a revolver, they would probably approve

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Id app for a PRG... Since OP was just approved for a revolver, they would probably approve

Ah you're right! I always forget the Delta card is a Revolver, not a Charge card. I agree about the PRG. 

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's interesting. I didn't know that.  Which Amex card do you suggest applying for?

Edit: Just saw the replies to get the PRG. That $195 annual is a little steep.  I'll look over the details to see if that's worth it.  If you think that annual fee is worth it, please inform me.  I'm new to Amex. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely get the PRG, you were approved for the Delta Card Gold you should get the PRG, it's less risk for Amex. The Annual Fee is WAIVED the first year.  I love my PRG Card and the MR Points can be transferred/moved all over the place (including delta, hilton, etc) Use Chrome Browser, incognito window.  The Sign Up Bonus is 65,000 MR Points!

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 3.46.08 PM.png

Message 6 of 17
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's interesting. I didn't know that.  Which Amex card do you suggest applying for?

Edit: Just saw the replies to get the PRG. That $195 annual is a little steep.  I'll look over the details to see if that's worth it.  If you think that annual fee is worth it, please inform me.  I'm new to Amex. Smiley Happy

The signup bonue could be worth up to $600 ++.. The AF is waived the first year, and you will get back 3x the fee in rewards anyway...

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitely get the PRG, you were approved for the Delta Card Gold you should get the PRG, it's less risk for Amex. The Annual Fee is WAIVED the first year.  I love my PRG Card and the MR Points can be transferred/moved all over the place (including delta, hilton, etc) Use Chrome Browser, incognito window.  The Sign Up Bonus is 65,000 MR Points!

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 3.46.08 PM.png

I guess I can give it a shot for a year.. Weird, i did Chrome incognito and i only see 25,000 Points offer.

Applying now.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied for PRG. Smiley Sad Oh well. I'm happy with one approval from Amex.  It is peculiar that they approved me for revolving and not a charge card.

Message 9 of 17
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I coulda told you that they wouldn't approve the PRG.  Your scores are somewhat borderline as indicated by the $1K approval.  At least it won't cost you another HP since it was denied.  Off to the garden with you for a year while your scores come up.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.