Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold approved!

I'd say he had a 50/50 shot with the Delta Gold being $1000, if it had been $500...then no way.  OP - just use the Delta Card wisely, Amex rewards customers who PIF everymonth. Put some good spend/$$ through it and pay it off in full.  Then  at 61 Days from today ( December 5th 2016) (mark it on a calendar or set a reminder on your phone) you can request a credit limit increase up to 3x your starting line. So from $1000 you request a total credit line of $3000.  I went from $2000 on my Amex Blue Cash Preferred to $6000.

Message 11 of 17
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Denied for PRG. Smiley Sad Oh well. I'm happy with one approval from Amex.  It is peculiar that they approved me for revolving and not a charge card.

It was a decline, and not 7-14 or something like that..?

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! I'll def mark my calendar!

@fltireguy It was a 7-10 day but then I had a chance to view the result electronically and it said they couldn't approve it at this time. Recent deliquency reasons.

Ah well, my goal this year was to have at least 3 revolving to rebuild so this is it for a while and definitely am in no rush. Just using cards for the benefits and PIF each month.

Thanks for all the info, people! Most helpful.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Centzor,

Just wanted to congratulate you again. Those 3 Cards - Cap1 QS1, BofA 1-2-3 Cash, Amex Delta Gold are all GREAT cards to build with. Stay on the path, build those cards up. All 3 will grow with you and can be there for the long haul helping you with AAoA, rewards etc...That BofA Card, there are posts here where members started out with Secured Versions and a year or two later have $10K, $15K & $20K credit lines. I wish you great success! Keep working on your reports while you build. Dispute old stuff, collections, even late payments if you think they were in error.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Centzor,

Just wanted to congratulate you again. Those 3 Cards - Cap1 QS1, BofA 1-2-3 Cash, Amex Delta Gold are all GREAT cards to build with. Stay on the path, build those cards up. All 3 will grow with you and can be there for the long haul helping you with AAoA, rewards etc...That BofA Card, there are posts here where members started out with Secured Versions and a year or two later have $10K, $15K & $20K credit lines. I wish you great success! Keep working on your reports while you build. Dispute old stuff, collections, even late payments if you think they were in error.

Thanks cashcorp1! Your words are encouraging and I appreciate it.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with austinguy...With that SL on the Delta....It was a borderline approval...I wish I had of read the board sooner, I also would have said pass on the PRG for now...That Delta unless that was a temp CL until the card arrive is going to take a while to grow. I've tried everything from using askamex on twitter to get a CLI...A year later I'm still at $1k and can't get approved on any other card, it always come back as a new relationship and they want to see me grow before offering anything else or a CLI.

Message 16 of 17
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Give it time, its a marathon not a sprint.  Amex will treat you right with usage and responsibility!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.