Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta and Blue Sky

tag
cz101
Established Member

AMEX Delta and Blue Sky

I wanted to thank everyone for their advice on the site.  I have been a long time lurker and this is my first comment ever here.  The information everyone provided help me find the "courage" to take the AMEX plunge.  Have been denied by them on numerous occasions and didn't want to go through the heartbreak again.  I was going to wait a few more months to try, but decided to go for it this evening.  I applied for the Delta Sky Miles and was approved.  Through the information provided by everyone here, I decided to apply for one more which was the Blue Sky.  I got the number screen to contact them which I did within 5 minutes.  After the gentleman confirmed I wanted to apply for a second card, he asked me a few more questions.  He then said I believe you will happy the Delta Sky Miles and I also want to congratulate on your second card with American Express.  Welcome to the family!  I was grinning ear to ear!!!  I complete forgot to ask what my credit limits where because I was so thrilled about getting approved for both cards.  Again, thank you for everyone's information here!  It's invaluable!  Now, I will be gardening for a year...well, I will try for CLI on day 61...then a year to make sure the weeds stay away!  Thank you again!

Chase Marriott Rewards 18K | BofA Cash Rewards Visa 18K | BofA Mastercard 12K | Chase Disney Visa 10K | AMEX Blue Sky 20K | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday 11K | AMEX Everyday 5K | Barclay's Hawaiian Airlines 10K | Chase United Explorer 5K | Citi American Airlines 10K | Citi Thank you Pref 5.2K | Citi Dividend 5.4K | Best Buy MC 6K | Cap One QS1 5.8K | Cap One Venture 6.3K | Discover 3K
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Delta and Blue Sky

Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 12
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG Congrats on your approvals!  Welcome to AMEX family, and you can call anytime to find out what your starting limit is through automated system. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@cz101 wrote:

I wanted to thank everyone for their advice on the site.  I have been a long time lurker and this is my first comment ever here.  The information everyone provided help me find the "courage" to take the AMEX plunge.  Have been denied by them on numerous occasions and didn't want to go through the heartbreak again.  I was going to wait a few more months to try, but decided to go for it this evening.  I applied for the Delta Sky Miles and was approved.  Through the information provided by everyone here, I decided to apply for one more which was the Blue Sky.  I got the number screen to contact them which I did within 5 minutes.  After the gentleman confirmed I wanted to apply for a second card, he asked me a few more questions.  He then said I believe you will happy the Delta Sky Miles and I also want to congratulate on your second card with American Express.  Welcome to the family!  I was grinning ear to ear!!!  I complete forgot to ask what my credit limits where because I was so thrilled about getting approved for both cards.  Again, thank you for everyone's information here!  It's invaluable!  Now, I will be gardening for a year...well, I will try for CLI on day 61...then a year to make sure the weeds stay away!  Thank you again!

Congrats on your approvals Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 5 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!

Message 6 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 12
cz101
Established Member

Thank you everyone!  Wanted to provide a quick update.  Logged into my account this morning after creating it last night and found out have a $10, 000 limit on the Delta SkyMiles.  Haven't check on the other account yet.  Was pleasantly surprised!

Chase Marriott Rewards 18K | BofA Cash Rewards Visa 18K | BofA Mastercard 12K | Chase Disney Visa 10K | AMEX Blue Sky 20K | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday 11K | AMEX Everyday 5K | Barclay's Hawaiian Airlines 10K | Chase United Explorer 5K | Citi American Airlines 10K | Citi Thank you Pref 5.2K | Citi Dividend 5.4K | Best Buy MC 6K | Cap One QS1 5.8K | Cap One Venture 6.3K | Discover 3K
Message 8 of 12
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@cz101 wrote:

Welcome to the AMEX family and congrats on the approvals! What were your CS prior to apping?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.