cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Doubled My Credit Limit With No Hard Pull!!

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Doubled My Credit Limit With No Hard Pull!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

I'm wondering if something funny is going on with the sky cards, as I just received a non requested increase, and it's my least used amex.

I got an invitation to apply for a CLI back in April once I got my BSP down to less than 20% UTL. $5,000 to $7,000. Was still eligible for "3X" in July, and went from $7,000 to $12,000.

Personally, I never go over 50% solo, or let 3% or higher(total) report. Maybe cause it's my oldest?

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wondering if something funny is going on with the sky cards, as I just received a non requested increase, and it's my least used amex.

I got an invitation to apply for a CLI back in April once I got my BSP down to less than 20% UTL. $5,000 to $7,000. Was still eligible for "3X" in July, and went from $7,000 to $12,000.

Personally, I never go over 50% solo, or let 3% or higher(total) report. Maybe cause it's my oldest?

How old is it?

Message 12 of 23
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Celle31 wrote:

Sorry, haven't been on here in awhile!!! That was also on that forum, but I didn't want a really big increase, I was just hoping for $8000.00....hard to put the cards down somtimes!!

I already have

Chase Freedom $8800.00 and Discover $8000

Congrats on the CLI!

Don't mind the strong words here. This forum is full of gurus when it comes to anything regarding credit. Take your time to go thru the forum and learn. IMO there are 2 aims of having high credit lines, one to suatain all your purchasing needs and another to keep your utilizations low. I think you are doing fine as your credit limits are good enough. So relax and enjoy the forum.

Message 13 of 23
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How old is it?

Sorry for the hijacked thread. Almost 3yr.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uswala wrote:
Congrats on the CLI!

Don't mind the strong words here. This forum is full of gurus when it comes to anything regarding credit. Take your time to go thru the forum and learn. IMO there are 2 aims of having high credit lines, one to suatain all your purchasing needs and another to keep your utilizations low. I think you are doing fine as your credit limits are good enough. So relax and enjoy the forum.

+1

Sorry for the hijacked thread. Almost 3yr.

Nice. Mine's going to turn 7 in March.

Message 15 of 23
Celle31
New Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Thanks, will do!!! There may be 2  highs but there's 1 low I can do without, and that $18,000 worth of debt!!! Sometimes you just have to know yourself!!! At one point or another I've maxed all my cards. $8000.00, I can handle, but $18,000 is a bit too much and I know it would happen!!!

Message 16 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/1811071

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

😳 congrats! 😊
Message 18 of 23
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 19 of 23
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats.......

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.