Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Every Day with zero credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Every Day with zero credit score

Yes, it is approved!

I'm a new immigrant with credit score 0 (thin file), it is about 6 weeks ago I moved in the USA, so I need to build my credit score from the beginning.

I applied for secured credit card in my current bank and now waiting for approval, but after some investigation i understood it is better to open a few credit lines (even with very low CL - it will grow with the time). I spent a few evenings applying for various credit cards for beginners or low/bad credit score, but unsuccessfully.

I started applying to AMEX without any hope - just to look what info and questions they need and I just closed browser at the end of the registration process without submitting the form.

After a week I got paper letter from Amex with note: "We can't make desicion right now, but could you please submit a copy of your latest paystub or tax return form?".

Why not? I did it - and finally I got approval for the card with CL $5000 Smiley Surprised

ps. I'm confused - all my world is broken and I need to learn how to build credit score again from the beginning...

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Every Day with TU 0

Wow that's surprising. Starting off with an unsecured card when rebuilding your credit is legit! It won't be bogged down by low CLIs and capped limits. Good stuff, wish you luck in your credit building journey
Message 2 of 25
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

That is awesome getting $5000 CL with no history!!

Message 3 of 25
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats!  Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

AMEX honestly makes no sense.... Congrats OP on the approval, but i stand by my comment they make no sense

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
Message 6 of 25
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Welcome here and to the USA ... congrats!

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 7 of 25
rlx01
Established Contributor

Amex only cares about one thing: income.

Everything else is secondary.

Congrats OP. Saved yourself around 6 months in your credit journey.

But please don't apply for anything else for 6-12 months.

Get a 3x CLI in 61 days and grow from there.

Don't waste INQs.
Message 8 of 25
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Very nice indeed, if you don't mind what did you put for your income that way it should help for others with little or no credit file

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 25
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Every Day with zero credit score

Congrats!!!

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.