Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Everyday and Discover IT approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Everyday and Discover IT approved!

On a whim and a "meh, eff it. Let's just see," I decided to go for the Amex Everyday. After a spinning wheel and a "provide more info" and "check off your assets," I was approved! Only $1000 limit, but I'm in. Then I said, "hey, why not Discover, too?" Any got that as well! $1600 limit. Clearly, these aren't that awesome limit wise, but I'm not too upset and kind of excited to be in the Amex family.

Two scores in the 630-range, one at 605. I have Cap1 Quicksilvers close to capacity and an income of $95k. 

I am waiting the 30 days from Chase on the Freedom.

Happy to be moving along in my credit process.

11 REPLIES 11
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Everyday and Discover IT approved!

Congratulations on your double approvals!! Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Preferred- BOA Travel Rewards- Cap One QS MC- Barclay JetBlue MC- Barclay Apple Rewards- Synchrony Walmart MC- BP Gas

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Those are some very nice approvals with scores in the low 600's. Are those real FICO scores or scores from CK?

Only asking cuz I didn't think either Amex pen discover would approve with scores in the low 600's. I would have thought 650 or above minimum.

You should be very happy. The limits will raise with time and good history. Both cards are good ones. (Especially Discover!!!) Congrats again!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats. Those are some very nice approvals with scores in the low 600's. Are those real FICO scores or scores from CK?

Only asking cuz I didn't think either Amex pen discover would approve with scores in the low 600's. I would have thought 650 or above minimum.

You should be very happy. The limits will raise with time and good history. Both cards are good ones. (Especially Discover!!!) Congrats again!

Thanks! Those are my actual FICO scores from MyFICO. My CK scores are 656+ (last I checked late last week). 

I am happy and surprised to be onboard with both banks. And, you're right, I'm not going to sweat the limits. I will use them and pay them faithfully and ride it out. My Cap1 limits are $1750 and $2k. I have a USBank Secured Visa at $300 that I only use to pay Netflix. That was my first card when I started rebulidng a couple years ago. I tihnk I've made some decent progress. I'm not where I'd hoped to be by now, but I'm certainly not where I was.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on two really great approvals
Message 5 of 12
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Congrats on both as they can be hard to crack. I have Disco and I use it an pay in full. I will try amex once I get my stuff aging a bit anc clean up my EX report. Its cool you in both.  Read up on the Disco and Amex guides on here and your limits will grow.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both cards. I don't have AmEx. But I do have Discover. And  you have a great card there. Great perks and benefits. Amazing customer service reps. Also, make sure to look into Discover Deals. I've saved quite a bit of money using the Discover Deals shopping portal. 

Enjoy!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

On a whim and a "meh, eff it. Let's just see," I decided to go for the Amex Everyday. After a spinning wheel and a "provide more info" and "check off your assets," I was approved! Only $1000 limit, but I'm in. Then I said, "hey, why not Discover, too?" Any got that as well! $1600 limit. Clearly, these aren't that awesome limit wise, but I'm not too upset and kind of excited to be in the Amex family.

Two scores in the 630-range, one at 605. I have Cap1 Quicksilvers close to capacity and an income of $95k. 

I am waiting the 30 days from Chase on the Freedom.

Happy to be moving along in my credit process.

Congratulations on your approvals. Sometimes risks pay off.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Both cards have the opportunity to grow quickly.

Message 9 of 12
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Both are nice cards. grats op.
4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.