Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

AMEX GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED

I personally think there customer services SUCKS. It took them 32 days to do my address verification and that was only with the help of the executive office after I made the complaint.

I must admit I am truly indeed happy to have finally gotten approval for ANY amex card. Im moving up in the world.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED

Congrats. I want an amex just for the hell of it. XD
Message 2 of 22
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Thx and same here

Message 3 of 22
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Actually their CS is pretty good.  Always an American voice on the other side.  Unless you burn them, then you get sent to an offshored service center and then all I can say is good luck getting anything done. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 4 of 22
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. I am aiming for the Gold soon. I have the ZYNC for the past two months. Yes, Amex CS is the best in my opinion. Last week my dog had a severe ear infection. I had to go to the vet to get his medications, but I was concern that the huge bill will cause AMEX to put a hold on my account for fraud suspicion. I called them up and told them I am going to charge a large amount (not in accordance with my daily spending), and if it will be okay. The guy on the phone was so nice. He was so concern for my dog's health. He asked me about his condition, his name, and what breed. I could sense the sympathy in his voice. He told me the charge will go through and that he hopes my Golden will get better soon. BEST CS CHAT EVER!

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 5 of 22
distantarray
Established Contributor

@GoldenloveNY wrote:

Congrats. I am aiming for the Gold soon. I have the ZYNC for the past two months. Yes, Amex CS is the best in my opinion. Last week my dog had a severe ear infection. I had to go to the vet to get his medications, but I was concern that the huge bill will cause AMEX to put a hold on my account for fraud suspicion. I called them up and told them I am going to charge a large amount (not in accordance with my daily spending), and if it will be okay. The guy on the phone was so nice. He was so concern for my dog's health. He asked me about his condition, his name, and what breed. I could sense the sympathy in his voice. He told me the charge will go through and that he hopes my Golden will get better soon. BEST CS CHAT EVER!

+1 all my new prime cards from Chase , Navy, and Amex chats have been very pleasant =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 6 of 22
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

Gratz, I have however never really had a problem with their customer service. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 22
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Maybe I must be calling the wrong number or something. Since day one of the very first call to them it has ALWAYS been a non speaking english rep. Maybe once I actually get the card and should I have a need to call in at that time I will get english speaking reps. I sure the heck hope so if not guess I wont be calling there c.s. dept.

Message 8 of 22
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Strange. All my Amex CS chats has been with English speaking reps. Maybe it depends on the day or the time of the day.

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 9 of 22
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@Credit314 wrote:

Maybe I must be calling the wrong number or something. Since day one of the very first call to them it has ALWAYS been a non speaking english rep. Maybe once I actually get the card and should I have a need to call in at that time I will get english speaking reps. I sure the heck hope so if not guess I wont be calling there c.s. dept.

I alway get english speaking reps when calling Amex. Not sure what was going on when you called. What number where you calling? Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.