Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Delta Sky Miles approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Gold Delta Sky Miles approved!

I honestly thought it would be impossible to obtain an AMEX card with my credit scores and my bad history with them. 10 years ago I got approved for one of their cards and I ended up not being able to pay the money back-it was $2000-which they hounded me for years until it finally stopped. I never paid them. Flash forward, I really needed to get some kind of rewards card because I have been traveling a lot lately and it would be nice to get some perks. After reading other peoples experiences, I decided to apply and I just got approved for the Gold Delta Sky Miles card CL2000 FICO scores currently EQ 637,TU 655, EX 663 Inquires EQ 5 TU 4 EX 3 and a 30% utilization. I'm just so happy I got approved and I wanted to put it out there to let people know it is possible and without people sharing their stories about their experiences I would have not even tried to apply.

UPDATE: I just got the notification that AMEX did a hard inq from my Experian credit report. Also when I went online to set up my account, It says member since 2003 and when I talked to the lady about my card on the phone she said thank you for being a card member for 12 years. It was odd to hear that considering what happened but they definitely keep their records!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Gold Delta Sky Miles approved!

Congrats on your Amex approval

Message 2 of 15
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Grats!!

Been an ACM on my mother-in-laws BCP for about a year.

Have worked scores up to around your level, hope to get in with them solely soon!

Was it a cold app or prequal on the site or whatever?

Message 3 of 15
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! I hope to try for one next Spring Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 15
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 6 of 15
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I honestly thought it would be impossible to obtain an AMEX card with my credit scores and my bad history with them. 10 years ago I got approved for one of their cards and I ended up not being able to pay the money back-it was $2000-which they hounded me for years until it finally stopped. I never paid them. Flash forward, I really needed to get some kind of rewards card because I have been traveling a lot lately and it would be nice to get some perks. After reading other peoples experiences, I decided to apply and I just got approved for the Gold Delta Sky Miles card CL2000 FICO scores currently EQ 637,TU 655, EX 663 Inquires EQ 5 TU 4 EX 3 and a 30% utilization. I'm just so happy I got approved and I wanted to put it out there to let people know it is possible and without people sharing their stories about their experiences I would have not even tried to apply.

Congratulations!

With the combination of scores, utilization, a direct C/O with AMEX and inquiries, I'm surprised you got started with $2k. Two months ago I would expect $1k.

Combine this with some other recent "marginal files" getting in with AMEX and there does seem to be some loosening of the underwriting criteria from them.

Were you already a Delta SkyMiles member, and if so, did you app through the Delta site, or direct with AMEX?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did sign up for their sky miles online but never used it. I probably had it open for like 1 year so it was zero miles all that time. I never ever got a mail in offer. So I was scared to get denied and have that hard inquiry. I applied online on Amex website. I took the card quiz and that was the first one they recommended.
Message 8 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

wow!!! You got back in after NOT paying them back at all? Im shocked...but regardless...huge congrats to you on getting the card, and a decent limit!!! Use it well, PIF!! show them you can do it again..good job!
Message 9 of 15
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.