Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold and AMEX Bluecash Everyday Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Gold and AMEX Bluecash Everyday Approvals

Sorry to hear you were denied, motts.  I have a couple of baddies on my experian.  One 30 day late 16 months ago and a paid collection that is over 3 years old.  I went through some intense credit repair a few months back to get myself in shape for a good mortgage rate, so most of the stuff that really brought me down in the past is gone. 

I also had somewhat high utilization (about 50%) on my existing cards.  But, I have two years of spotless repayment with cap one and a steady stream of CLIs with cap one.  I have also been paying high student loan bills ($1,200 a month) for the past 4 years since I graduated from law school.  So that payment history helps me.  I also think the fact that we have aproximately $70K in investment and savings assets and I earn about $130K per year helped my cause.

Still, this is all very exciting to me as two years ago I was earning only a fraction of what I am now, had a FICO score in the low 500s, could barely pay rent, and could not even get a loan for a cheap used car.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear you were denied, motts.  I have a couple of baddies on my experian.  One 30 day late 16 months ago and a paid collection that is over 3 years old.  I went through some intense credit repair a few months back to get myself in shape for a good mortgage rate, so most of the stuff that really brought me down in the past is gone. 

I also had somewhat high utilization (about 50%) on my existing cards.  But, I have two years of spotless repayment with cap one and a steady stream of CLIs with cap one.  I have also been paying high student loan bills ($1,200 a month) for the past 4 years since I graduated from law school.  So that payment history helps me.  I also think the fact that we have aproximately $70K in investment and savings assets and I earn about $130K per year helped my cause.

Still, this is all very exciting to me as two years ago I was earning only a fraction of what I am now, had a FICO score in the low 500s, could barely pay rent, and could not even get a loan for a cheap used car.

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

I am down to one paid medical and one collection from 2011 that I just refuse to pay left on my reports. One 30 day late from last year on an auto loan that has since been paid and closed, but otherwise pretty similar. Util down to under 30%, similar income, just a car lease but otherwise no loans. I'll have to recheck but my denial reasons were inquiries (Im under 5 in the past year, though), time since last delinq (not surprising, on this one), and other random things (I think low CLs, things like that)

Hoping that in the next few months I can be >660 and get in with them, which given I was <500 not too long ago would be amazing. I'm wondering if maybe I applied before my C/O was completely off my reports, although it wasn't mentioned in the denial that I remember

Message 12 of 16
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't believe I was approved for these with my low FICO scores.  FICO8 Scores:  TU: 670; EX: 637;  EQ: 619.  Two years ago my credit was in the low 500s and I couldn't even finance a used car.

The AMEX Bluecash only has a $1K limit, but I am hopeful that after 30 days I can get a significant CLI  to keep my utilization lower. 

My wife and my combined income is $170K per year and we have a $2,400 per month mortgage paymnent.  Cars are paid for - no loan.   I pay $1,200 a month in student loans.  About $3,000 total balance accross CCs.  No other debt left.  What CLI should I shoot for on the AMEX BlueCash in two months?

AMEX Gold: NPSL
AMEX BlueCash Everyday: $1K
Capital One QuicksilverOne $7K
Bank Americard Platinum Visa: $5K

Congrats! The BCE is a great card, it is one of my favorite cards. However for some reason CLI's are usually delayed when you are issued a 1K credit line. So it maybe awhile before Amex gives you a CLI on the BCE, just something to keep in mind.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 13 of 16
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Enjoy those new Amex cards!

Message 14 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

@exCYter wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What does the rest of your report look like, if you dont mind saying. Any derogs/lates?

I was denied last week for the Amex PRG with a slightly higher score, so am definitely curious

I got approved yesterday for an AmEx PRG EX score of 637.  Single, income of around $200k.  Couple 30 day lates from January 2015 and then a chargeoff from OneMain from December 2013 that they still report as late every month(not sure if that impacts score or just looks bad).  

Also was denied the EveryDay card yesterday too, which I app'd for right after the PRG.  

Congrats on the approval!

Sidebar, the OneMain does have an effect on your FICO, especially if they report monthly. You might want to consider settling with them.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't believe I was approved for these with my low FICO scores.  FICO8 Scores:  TU: 670; EX: 637;  EQ: 619.  Two years ago my credit was in the low 500s and I couldn't even finance a used car.

The AMEX Bluecash only has a $1K limit, but I am hopeful that after 30 days I can get a significant CLI  to keep my utilization lower. 

My wife and my combined income is $170K per year and we have a $2,400 per month mortgage paymnent.  Cars are paid for - no loan.   I pay $1,200 a month in student loans.  About $3,000 total balance accross CCs.  No other debt left.  What CLI should I shoot for on the AMEX BlueCash in two months?

AMEX Gold: NPSL
AMEX BlueCash Everyday: $1K
Capital One QuicksilverOne $7K
Bank Americard Platinum Visa: $5K

Congratulations on your approvals, however I am sick to my stomach. My Ex score is almost 100 points higher than yours and I cant get approved by AMEX to save my life. My file is 100% clean.Smiley Happy Guess I will have to see what is on the letters coming my way.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.