Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green-I'm In!!

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Green-I'm In!!

@myjourney: So as far as back-dating, there would be no difference in applying now or applying at the beginning of January?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 11 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@myjourney: So as far as back-dating, there would be no difference in applying now or applying at the beginning of January?

Yes there's a difference if your looking for backdating wait until Jan

SP if denied 

HP if approved 

The difference being if you app today it could be approved with the same HP

I would wait 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Wouldn't both have the same 2013 date? Or would one have an earler date? And if I app for BCE right now-do they use the same pull as they did for the Green meaning a SP if approved? Nevermind-you already answered my last question.

BUSINESS
Message 13 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Wouldn't both have the same 2013 date? Or would one have an earler date? And if I app for BCE right now-do they use the same pull as they did for the Green meaning a SP if approved? Nevermind-you already answered my last question.

If you are approved in January 2014 it will post as an open date of January 2013 on your reports.

Message 14 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Just to clarify if you app in Jan both cards will have a 2013 date

One will say 12/2013 

the other 1/2013 if approved 

Picking up a year of AAoA

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@B335is: Ahh...I think I finally got it. ANOTHER big decision to make now! Go for it now with the same HP-or wait until Jan. for the back-dating. Thanks everyone for the replies and the congrats!! Finally feeling like I've made sufficient progress!

BUSINESS
Message 16 of 21
tryingagain62
Contributor

Congrats, I hope I can rejoin the AMEX family one day.

Message 17 of 21
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Congrats!  Why BCE and not BCP?  I would wait until January for maximum backdating.

+12 wait till january, it will only help your approval odds, be sure and PIF your charge card in full before you apply.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 18 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi: More than likely I won't put any charges on the card before the year is up b/c I probably won't get it until close to the end of the year. But just the same I'll try to hold off until after January 1st to use it (green charge) and apply for the BCE. Besides hopefully by then my Discover IT (and the rest of my accts) will FINALLY report with my new higher CL!

BUSINESS
Message 19 of 21
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.