Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX PLATINUM APPROVED!! I'VE ARRIVED!

kidink1911 wrote:

I was on my online American Express account and saw that the new AMEX Platinum card was under my "Your Offers" section.

I was reluctant at first to even click on the offer neverless "accept it" and apply for the coveted card. I thought to myself "What have I got to lose?!" and went for it.

Well, as I hit the "Agree and Submit" button, the blue circle of circles kept whirling and then disappeared. I thought "WTH" and then immediately entered a chat with a AMEX CSR to inform about my "application that went into space"!

The CSR on the chat could not locate my application but informed me to call New Accounts to check if that division could see it. Before I could even call New Accounts my email on my IPhone "pinged" and it was from American Express telling me that I was approved for the AMEX Platinum (and just in time for my summer vacations to the Carribean and France).

Super excited about all of the benefits!! Smiley Happy

lol...funny story...congrats on your approval!!

AmexPlat(NPSL) AmexOpt (13.1k AU) Walmart(10k) Discover(8.5k) BB Visa(6k) Pier 1(4.25k) Kohls(3k) J Crew(1.7k) Amex Delta Gold(5k) Amex BCP(22k) BofA BBR(10k) BofA CR Siggy(15k) Barclaycard(5k) Venture WMC(6.45k) Chase FU(7k) QS(3.3k) Citi Diamond(4.5k) PenFed PCR(3K) Lowes(2K) NFCU VS Cash(5.5K) NFCU CLOC(5K)
FICO 8 Scores EX 730(20) EQ 693(16)TU 721(26) AAOA 3.0yrs TCL=140,050.00
Frequent Contributor

Thank so much doinit1!!

See you in the AMEX luxury lounges Smiley Very Happy

AMEX Platinum Card- NPSL // AMEX Green Card- NPSL // Bank of America Travel Rewards- $8,000 // Chase Sapphire Preferred- $8,000 // AMEX Delta Skymile Rewards- $5,000 // Venture One- $3.550 // Barclays JetBlue MC- $3,000 // Synchrony Walmart MC- $2,400 // Barclays Apple Rewards- $2,000 // AMEX BCE- $1,000 // BP Gas- $600
Established Contributor

kidink1911 wrote:

Thank so much doinit1!!

SO I guess the "your offers" only shows up for some...I have never seen that (not that I am looking for another AMEX). Does it only show if you hve offers? 

AmexPlat(NPSL) AmexOpt (13.1k AU) Walmart(10k) Discover(8.5k) BB Visa(6k) Pier 1(4.25k) Kohls(3k) J Crew(1.7k) Amex Delta Gold(5k) Amex BCP(22k) BofA BBR(10k) BofA CR Siggy(15k) Barclaycard(5k) Venture WMC(6.45k) Chase FU(7k) QS(3.3k) Citi Diamond(4.5k) PenFed PCR(3K) Lowes(2K) NFCU VS Cash(5.5K) NFCU CLOC(5K)
Established Contributor

doinit1 wrote:

kidink1911 wrote:

Thank so much doinit1!!

SO I guess the "your offers" only shows up for some...I have never seen that (not that I am looking for another AMEX). Does it only show if you hve offers? 

Check that...my bad..I see what you were referring to...lol

Frequent Contributor

Great!!

I think I'm officially heading to the garden now (I have every card I want...for now Smiley Happy)

AMEX Platinum Card- NPSL // AMEX Green Card- NPSL // Bank of America Travel Rewards- $8,000 // Chase Sapphire Preferred- $8,000 // AMEX Delta Skymile Rewards- $5,000 // Venture One- $3.550 // Barclays JetBlue MC- $3,000 // Synchrony Walmart MC- $2,400 // Barclays Apple Rewards- $2,000 // AMEX BCE- $1,000 // BP Gas- $600
New Contributor

Congrats on the new card! I'm going to appy for it this fall.

Starting Scores: EQ 658, EX 673, TU 669, 8/10/16 ....... Goal Score: 750
Current Scores: EQ 744, EX 743, TU 731 ..................... Inq: EQ: 2, EX: 3, TU: 4

Frequent Contributor

I have a New Welcome offer for PLAT but I dont travel that much to need it right now. The AF is steep too. But, there is value if find yourself on the road or in the air at leat 6 times a year and you love nice lodging. Congrats!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks taiwan and Blackswizz!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.