cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG Approval and need advise from PRG users please.

tag
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

AMEX PRG Approval and need advise from PRG users please.

2 days ago i got approved for Amex PRG 50K miles / $1K spend offer. Also i got approved for Amex Green Card and the Delta Skymiles gold card with 35K miles / $1000 spend offer. I have an overseas trip coming and the bonus miles will come handy along with the 50K miles ihave currently with Delta.

My question is to the current prg users is, if we assume that i will use all the miles with delta, will PRG give me 1 to 1 conversion rate while transfering MR points to Delta?

Also, delta skymiles card is giving me 2x points for direct airline purchases, but prg is giving me 3x points for direct airline purchases. So if i need to pay for a ticket, would it not be smarter to use prg to pay the ticket purchase to get more miles, provided that i will not lose any miles while transfering them from prg to delta skymiles account.

So basicly the main question comes to, if i use delta or delta partners, is it smarter to use prg for airline purchases at 3x the miles, or the delta skymiles gold card at 2x the miles.

Thanks for the information.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG Approval and need advise from PRG users please.

Use PRG transfer to delta is 1:1.

Question, I'm trying to get the 50k sign-up and not having any luck, how did you get the offer?

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

Question, I'm trying to get the 50k sign-up and not having any luck, how did you get the offer?

Definitely use the PRG

For the offer, you need to search the net for it and often have to try multiple browsers and use incognito mode before it will appear for you.  Sometimes you have o refresh your browswer a lot of times before it will show.  Requires some effort for sure.

Message 3 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@redpat wrote:

My Corporate VPN does it everytime.. Although using Incognito mode or private mode as well..  

Message 4 of 10
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Definitely use the PRG

For the offer, you need to search the net for it and often have to try multiple browsers and use incognito mode before it will appear for you.  Sometimes you have o refresh your browswer a lot of times before it will show.  Requires some effort for sure.

What a pain in the .........I'll keep trying though.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Definitely use the PRG

True, but the offer is wortht he effort

Message 6 of 10
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Definitely use the PRG

True, but the offer is wortht he effort

Yes it is worth it and the good news is that there is 4-5 hours of basketball on tonight so there will be plenty of effort put into it tonight.

Message 7 of 10
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@redpat wrote:

Thanks for the advise.

For the 50K offer, all i had to do was open incognito, go to amex website. see the 25K offer, close the window, open again 5 /10 minutes later, as i was doing other stuff on the computer at the same time, and check it again, and i think i got lucky because i got it probably within the first 5 trials. And i would not worry too much about the ip address because i did this with the same ip and on the same computer i used to get approved for 2 other cards same night and also use to log in to my account. So i don't think you need to worry about changing ip and stuff. Incognito is more than enough.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX will charge you to move the points over to Delta's reward program. I paid about $45 to move ~60,000 MR points from my PRG to Delta. Still was much better than paying for the actual tickets.

Message 9 of 10
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX will charge you to move the points over to Delta's reward program. I paid about $45 to move ~60,000 MR points from my PRG to Delta. Still was much better than paying for the actual tickets.

That's the excise tax that is passed on to card holders, it's not a Amex fee.  Max excise tax is $99 or .00006 per mile which equates to 1.65 million miles, lol.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.