Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PRG Approved!

After my EX update went on AMEX site found that the Pre Qualify offers are back, filled them out had offers for the Green Charge but thanks to the great folks of this forum. I went for the AMEX PRG. Figured why not if I was denied it would only be a soft pull. went through app and approved in min. Mind you i've had my BCE for about 2 weeks already ran over 1,000 on it and paid as I went. Time to seriously garden now!

As a side question I how hard would the new accounts hit me. I know would be able to recover once I let them all age. But whats the general hit? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG Approved!

CongratsSmiley Happy

All depends on your profile. When i did my little app spree back in Feb, i picked up like 4 new accounts and my Experian has only gotten stronger. Bot too bad either on my TU. if your profile is thin id imagine hit would be more stronger.

Congrats againSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks man, I just hope it doesn't make a that big of an impact. 

Message 3 of 10
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

I haven't seen any HPs yet from my Amex app spree.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 4 of 10
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Good card to have.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on a very decent charge card!

Out of curiosity, what is your plan with Amex as I see you also have BCE and BCP which are cashback, in addition to the normal Everyday card which also earns MR. ED/EDP overlap with BCE/BCP as far as I can tell so you would want to choose between stockpiling Membership Rewards points or just getting cashback, in which case the PRG is not really helpful since it is an MR-earning card.

Always curious about people's plans as I have been working on getting mine figured out  as well.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats on a very decent charge card!

Out of curiosity, what is your plan with Amex as I see you also have BCE and BCP which are cashback, in addition to the normal Everyday card which also earns MR. ED/EDP overlap with BCE/BCP as far as I can tell so you would want to choose between stockpiling Membership Rewards points or just getting cashback, in which case the PRG is not really helpful since it is an MR-earning card.

Always curious about people's plans as I have been working on getting mine figured out  as well.

Are you asking me or Oldman425? got a little lost in the response as I only have a BCE and recent PRG. 

Message 7 of 10
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

I have no plans really.  The everyday card will sit in my sock drawer while I cli the other two every six months as far as I can.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 8 of 10
drboxing
Established Contributor

How long did u have your AMEX BCE before you got offers to apply for PRG? I just got the Delta Gold but would like the PRG

Message 9 of 10
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After my EX update went on AMEX site found that the Pre Qualify offers are back, filled them out had offers for the Green Charge but thanks to the great folks of this forum. I went for the AMEX PRG. Figured why not if I was denied it would only be a soft pull. went through app and approved in min. Mind you i've had my BCE for about 2 weeks already ran over 1,000 on it and paid as I went. Time to seriously garden now!

As a side question I how hard would the new accounts hit me. I know would be able to recover once I let them all age. But whats the general hit? 

What was your EX when you app'd?

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.