Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG...INSTANT APPROVAL!!!!!!!

tag
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

AMEX PRG...INSTANT APPROVAL!!!!!!!

Well...I pulled the trigger.  In the last 2 weeks I've been approved for an FNBO AMEX with a $6k CL, Chase Freedom with a $5k CL and Chase Sapphire with a $5k CL.  I decided that since I app'd for the FNBO AMEX two Friday's ago and the two Chase cards last Friday and all were instant approval that maybe Friday's were lucky for me.  My better judgment told me not to app with AMEX due the recent HP's but I decided I didn't wait anymore.  Called in my app over the phone and spent 10 minutes telling the rep my life story before proceeding with the application.  Not sure why I told her my life story and entire credit profile before proceeding as it didn't really matter.  She only inputs my information into the system and let's the computer decide.  Guess I was just working up the courage.  I gave her all of my information and when she asked me the last time if she had my permission to proceed, with a little hesitation I said yes..."Mr. so-n-so...I have great news...you've been approved".  Happy dance!!! 

This is my first REAL AMEX card.  I've never even had a green card.  I thought about going for the Platinum but figured that might be pushing it even though from what everyone here says the criteria is the same.  Anyway, I just posted last week my success with Chase app's and said I was heading to the garden until it was time to court AMEX...courting's over...happy times ahead!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG...INSTANT APPROVAL!!!!!!!

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

Well...I pulled the trigger.  In the last 2 weeks I've been approved for an FNBO AMEX with a $6k CL, Chase Freedom with a $5k CL and Chase Sapphire with a $5k CL.  I decided that since I app'd for the FNBO AMEX two Friday's ago and the two Chase cards last Friday and all were instant approval that maybe Friday's were lucky for me.  My better judgment told me not to app with AMEX due the recent HP's but I decided I didn't wait anymore.  Called in my app over the phone and spent 10 minutes telling the rep my life story before proceeding with the application.  Not sure why I told her my life story and entire credit profile before proceeding as it didn't really matter.  She only inputs my information into the system and let's the computer decide.  Guess I was just working up the courage.  I gave her all of my information and when she asked me the last time if she had my permission to proceed, with a little hesitation I said yes..."Mr. so-n-so...I have great news...you've been approved".  Happy dance!!! 

This is my first REAL AMEX card.  I've never even had a green card.  I thought about going for the Platinum but figured that might be pushing it even though from what everyone here says the criteria is the same.  Anyway, I just posted last week my success with Chase app's and said I was heading to the garden until it was time to court AMEX...courting's over...happy times ahead!

Congrats WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
RSCo
Established Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

Congrats Mr. So-n-So.... Nice!  Smiley Wink

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 3 of 14
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

Congrats WTG

Thanks!!!  I finally feel like I've arrived!

Message 4 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 14
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

Congrats Mr. So-n-So.... Nice!  Smiley Wink

Thanks...everyone here has been so great and encouraging.  This site is awesome!  I lurked around here learning everything I could before joining up.  I'm glad to be a member and appreciate all the advice.

Message 6 of 14
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Super congrats!

Message 7 of 14
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That's definitely one of the cards that I want to get in the future. So jelly! Smiley Wink

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 8 of 14
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

Congrats! That's definitely one of the cards that I want to get in the future. So jelly! Smiley Wink

Looking at your scores...why don't you go for it?  I've had 3 HP's in the last two weeks and total of 9 in the last year and your score is just about the same as mine.

Message 9 of 14
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.