Established Contributor

AMEX Platinum Delta Skymiles Targeted Offer

I received a targeted offer from AMEX Delta Platinum about a week ago:

45,000 bonus miles

15,000 MQMs

Companion economy pass

and $200 statement credit for $150 AF.

Offer ends May 11th.

I'm very tempted, but worry because I've opened up 4 new accounts (including AMEX BCP) a month ago. One new account (Citi) is already reporting with a ~$1600 balance. American Express 2 softed my account March 25th, and they sent this targeted offer two days later.

Since I already have a soft..will it still be a SP if denied? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Platinum Delta Skymiles Targeted Offer

Since you already have the BCP it's usually SP if denied. If you can spare the HP, I would think this is one of the best offers out there for this card. If it's interesting to you, go for it. Best of luck!
Message 2 of 12
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Since you already have the BCP it's usually SP if denied. If you can spare the HP, I would think this is one of the best offers out there for this card. If it's interesting to you, go for it. Best of luck!

Hi Kenny thanks for the confidence. I went ahead and applied in the event if I were to get denied I would still have time to reapply. Approved! Smiley Happy Now time for some SEERRIOOOUSSS gardening!!! 

EDIT: Called in for CL - $2000. Kind of on the low end, but in my google searches of this card it seems like that is the norm even for very high incomes. I may re-allocate some of my BCP limit.

Message 3 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@eagle2013 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Hi Kenny thanks for the confidence. I went ahead and applied in the event if I were to get denied I would still have time to reapply. Approved! Smiley Happy Now time for some SEERRIOOOUSSS gardening!!! 

EDIT: Called in for CL - $2000. Kind of on the low end, but in my google searches of this card it seems like that is the norm even for very high incomes. I may re-allocate some of my BCP limit.

Congrats on obtaining the card! Hope you get all of your sign up goodies! Smiley Happy Hope you don't have any other temptations so you can fully garden! Smiley Happy Now for that 61 day CLI --- you will get it! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 12
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Congrats on obtaining the card! Hope you get all of your sign up goodies! Smiley Happy Hope you don't have any other temptations so you can fully garden! Smiley Happy Now for that 61 day CLI --- you will get it! Smiley Wink

Haha thanks! Darn targeted offers. It was very hard to turn down 15,000 MQMs. I am just dreading how my scores will plummet once all these new accounts hit! 

Message 5 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@eagle2013 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Haha thanks! Darn targeted offers. It was very hard to turn down 15,000 MQMs. I am just dreading how my scores will plummet once all these new accounts hit! 

Maybe they won't. And hey, what's done is done! Every experience in our life is a learning one, so don't regret anything! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats on approval!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@eagle2013 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Grats on your newest AMEX Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
itsmejustin29

I currently have the Gold. Is it possible to PC to the Platinum?

Message 9 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

congrats

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.