Did you mean: 

AMEX SPG CLI $26k -> $51.5k

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

AMEX SPG CLI $26k -> $51.5k

Background info:

I had not requested a CLI on my BCE in 2+ years but considering the SPG card was less than a month old at the time I didn't know whether it would take the CLI request or not; had it not I would have just waited another month unless I was too impatient and just do it on the BCE and then transfer it over to the SPG anyways. Went all out on the CLI request for the SPG from $26k to $78k. IV prompt came up so filled out form and submitted it. I didn't bother calling them back for updates figuring I give them a month to do their thing before calling to see what was going on. Got a call on December 1st from them asking a few questions regarding my request. Questions asked were things like "why are you asking for this amount, are you unhappy with your other products, etc" and at the end of the call she had told me I was approved but wouldn't know amount til the following Monday. Sure enough I log in Monday morning and saw the increase on my account.

Timeline

• 11/14 -  submitted request on SPG $26k -> $78k
  • 12/01 - received call from credit department
  • 12/04 - approved for CLI to $51.5k

Datapoints:

- assuming EX score they used was the SP on their website of 801 (took a small ding from October for inquiries that will probably go lower once the accounts actually report from my spree later this month)

- revolvers at time of app: SPG - $26k, BCE - $18k, Biz SPG - $30k (do not know if this card was taken into account when considering request)

- avg reported IRS income for 2015/2016: $195k

- AAoA: 8 yrs

- usage on accounts not a lot on the personal cards this year but this will change for 2018 as I want to squeeze every ounce of earning from the SPG program while I can before they change it; business SPG will see more use but still figuring out how I want to do that

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX SPG CLI $26k -> $51.5k

Man those limits are insane!

I wanna be like you when I grow up Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome increase.  Congrats.  Alot of exposure with Amex.. Yes Amex does count business/personal towards total exposure.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woah you're a heavy hitter indeed! Congratulations 

Message 4 of 26
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Awesome increase.  Congrats.  Alot of exposure with Amex.. Yes Amex does count business/personal towards total exposure.

Interesting. Had me curious since there was no PG for either business card but you're saying that doesn't matter right? And thanks!

Message 5 of 26
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks West501 and ImaPirate!

Message 6 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@simplynoir wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Interesting. Had me curious since there was no PG for either business card but you're saying that doesn't matter right? And thanks!

All based on personal income as far as i am aware.  As when it use to ask my business income i put 0-5k then asked personal then put whatever my personal is and getting 20k approvals on business cards.  I think I might be at my ceiling with amex though through personal/business cards

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy smokes simply! #bigdogalert

Congrats! 

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! That's one hellofa limit!

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Man those limits are insane!

I wanna be like you when I grow up Smiley Very Happy 

I want his income!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.