Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎05-21-2012
0

AMEX & Chase Success!

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to thank this forum! I started rebuilding my credit in April of this year at 460 and had a bunch of collection accounts after never paying attention to credit or understanding how it works. Fast forward 7 months later and I was approved for a AMEX Gold Reward Card as well as a Chase Freedom 5k Limit. Never thought I'd see the day where I would app and in 30 seconds see an approval screen pop up lol.

 

Thanks for your guys help!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Posts: 176
Registered: ‎08-21-2010
0

Re: AMEX & Chase Success!

Congrats!  I just got approved for these also! Smiley Very Happy


Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 921
Registered: ‎12-10-2011
0

Re: AMEX & Chase Success!

It's a great feeling when that day comes isn't it??????Smiley Wink

 

Much congrats for you


Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


Established Contributor
Posts: 921
Registered: ‎12-10-2011
0

Re: AMEX & Chase Success!


crazysxycool wrote:

Congrats!  I just got approved for these also! Smiley Very Happy



crazysxycool wrote:

Congrats!  I just got approved for these also! Smiley Very Happy


Much congrats to you tooSmiley Happy


Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


Valued Member
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎05-21-2012
0

Re: AMEX & Chase Success!


crazysxycool wrote:

Congrats!  I just got approved for these also! Smiley Very Happy


Congrats! Did you app for anything else or just these?

 

 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 176
Registered: ‎08-21-2010
0

Re: AMEX & Chase Success!


JusdoNit wrote:

crazysxycool wrote:

Congrats!  I just got approved for these also! Smiley Very Happy



crazysxycool wrote:

Congrats!  I just got approved for these also! Smiley Very Happy


Much congrats to you tooSmiley Happy


Thank you! :-)


Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: AMEX & Chase Success!


spudbro wrote:

Just wanted to thank this forum! I started rebuilding my credit in April of this year at 460 and had a bunch of collection accounts after never paying attention to credit or understanding how it works. Fast forward 7 months later and I was approved for a AMEX Gold Reward Card as well as a Chase Freedom 5k Limit. Never thought I'd see the day where I would app and in 30 seconds see an approval screen pop up lol.

 

Thanks for your guys help!


That's amazing congratulations!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Posts: 176
Registered: ‎08-21-2010
0

Re: AMEX & Chase Success!


spudbro wrote:

crazysxycool wrote:

Congrats!  I just got approved for these also! Smiley Very Happy


Congrats! Did you app for anything else or just these?

 

 


Just these - but I'm thinking about another one since I'll be closing 2 more with AFs attached.  Haven't decided yet.

 


Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎05-21-2012
0

Re: AMEX & Chase Success!


webhopper wrote:

spudbro wrote:

Just wanted to thank this forum! I started rebuilding my credit in April of this year at 460 and had a bunch of collection accounts after never paying attention to credit or understanding how it works. Fast forward 7 months later and I was approved for a AMEX Gold Reward Card as well as a Chase Freedom 5k Limit. Never thought I'd see the day where I would app and in 30 seconds see an approval screen pop up lol.

 

Thanks for your guys help!


That's amazing congratulations!

Thanks! Still can't believe I was able to get my score up 250 points in 7 months. I'm still suprised I got approved though my EQ is 706 but my EX and TU are only in the 660-670 range and I had a bunch of late auto payments a little over a year ago.

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 769
Registered: ‎02-11-2012
0

Re: AMEX & Chase Success!

Don't overcharge and do pay in full every month. Congrats!

Starting scores 01/02/2012 EQ 707(Fico) TU 733(Fico) EXP 735 (FAKO)
Updated scores 10/7/2016 EQ 797(Fico) TU 779(Fico) EXP 777 (Fico), EQ 849 (Next Gen 8/31/16 Penfed)


Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.