cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX app - Update! 24 days and APPROVED - 17 days in with no word, and no HP on any CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX app - Update! 24 days and APPROVED - 17 days in with no word, and no HP on any CRA

I applied for AMEX Delta Gold and BCE on 9/22 and got an email saying thanks for the application, we're reviewing it now.

For background I had an amex chargeoff 13 years ago in a CH7 BK.

The application status page doesn't find any record of me, but I called the phone line today and they tell me my app is being reviewed by a special department.

I'm assuming that since there were no HP's by Amex I am maybe internally blacklisted due to the BK, but wondering if maybe they're reconsidering based on the time that has passed. The rep on the phone said that there was no request for additional information and that maybe they're just "overloaded" with application requests and slow.

I'm pretty much assuming this is going to end in a denial but really suprised that it's taking so long.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX app - 17 days in with no word, and no HP on any CRA -- what could be going on?

If you've had no HP's on EX since your app...you're BL. If you are ,they won't even pull your credit. But, since your BK was a 13 and not 7, and they were IIB, you had to have paid them back.

So, there might be a chance. But, still, they haven't pulled your credit and its been a few weeks. Not looking too good as of now...I's say a 50% denial at this point.

Be sure to update this thread for data purposes when you find out! Good luck
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX app - 17 days in with no word, and no HP on any CRA -- what could be going on?

thanks @pizza1 ... just to clarify my bk was a ch7 but it was 13 years ago. 

It does seem to me like I'm blacklisted... but why not an instant denial rather than over two weeks "in review" is what I'm wondering

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous @pizza1 ... just to clarify my bk was a ch7 but it was 13 years ago. 

It does seem to me like I'm blacklisted... but why not an instant denial rather than over two weeks "in review" is what I'm wondering

Good point...but they might want to dig a bit deeper to see what they can find on your past history.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They may come  back with the Optima deal. This will require payback of some sort of payback.  IMO they are becoming a kinder gentler Amex since the loss of Costco. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The optima could be interesting if I can get backdating... Thanks for pointing that out. The card is not interesting itself from what I can tell after reading about it but getting a fairly big jump in my AAOA by having amex backdate me would be worth something.   Assuming they would backdate, from reading the forum here I can't get a clear picture of whether they (always) do or not.

Message 6 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The optima could be interesting if I can get backdating... Thanks for pointing that out. The card is not interesting itself from what I can tell after reading about it but getting a fairly big jump in my AAOA by having amex backdate me would be worth something.   Assuming they would backdate, from reading the forum here I can't get a clear picture of whether they (always) do or not.

You will not get backdating to the CRA's if you're ever approved again for a card. Your member date on your card though might show a back date, but if you ever do get a card, it will show the new date opened, sorry. Amex quit backdating to the CRA's awhile back. 

Message 7 of 14
drboxing
Established Contributor

Filed BK-13 in 2007 was blacklisted until July 2017, applied online on delta for the Amex Delta Gold, approved online for $1000SL

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: got an alert today from EXP that there had been a new HP so logged in to see that it was AMEX! After 24 days they finally did the HP and results are APPROVED for the Delta Gold but DENIED for BCE everyday due to fico too low (665 after recent apps). Still that's amazing that they took so long and removed me from BL.

Thanks for the info everyone!

Message 9 of 14
drboxing
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX app - Update! 24 days and APPROVED - 17 days in with no word, and no HP on any CRA

x1a1x1 Congrats on the approval of the AMEX Delta Gold. Just hang in there, build a history with AMEX and give it another shot on the BCE, I’m in the same situation

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.