Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX approval

tag
jim44
Established Contributor

AMEX approval

After doing research in the forums, I decided to pull the trigger with AMEX. I had 4 hard pulls with TU, 0 with EX and 5 with EQ and just below 15% utility, 7 years post BK.  Credit Karma has been in what I consider close in their odds of approval.  I tried the the CK preapproval and was given a solid APR which I thought was a good sign.  The reason for the app was an 18 month 0% BT  and purchase offer.  My CK fako score was 745... and of course AMEX pulled EX!!!

Anyway my first AMEX ever and with an apr below 18%.  May not seem great but I'm happy especially as it will be a PIF after the introductory offer.  Back to the garden.. maybe for years!!!!   Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX approval

That great Jim! Congrats on your approval, and Ill ask a Mod to move this to approvals for you! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
jim44
Established Contributor

Thanks Pizza... After I posted my message I thought I may have posted in the wrong column. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!!! I love my AMEX cards.

Which card did you go for?
Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Amex familySmiley Wink
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a "great" approval, jim44! Congrats! Scores are nice, BK has aged, util not half bad, and you got Amex to open their doors! Very happy for you - enjoy!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting in with Amex! Which card was this
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 8 of 9
jim44
Established Contributor

I applied for the Everyday card.  I qualified for more.. one with a lower APR but with a $95 annual fee.  My CL wasn't that great to start out which I expected but I've read that with good history they will raise your limit.  Thanks to all for the congrats! 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.