cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX approvals!!! (with 3 exclamation marks)

tag
RealPlastic

AMEX approvals!!! (with 3 exclamation marks)

Alright, so in short, today was a good day. Messed around on the court (AMEX pre-qualifying site) and got a triple-double...meaning, I got approved for 3 AMEX cards with two hard pulls. My scores are very meh (655 EX, 663 TU, 661 EQ) but they've been steadily rising. I only had two cc's prior to applying — the Capital One Quicksilver and the Capital One Quicksilver One, both with starting limits of $300 back in Nov and they're sitting at $2000 today. I literally maxed the cards out every month and paid in full just before the statement cut so it reported a $0 balance. These cards are great for building credit but very limited so I needed a new card. Or three! 

I randomly decided to check AMEX and voila — I had 3 exclusive offers 1) the Platinum Card offered the 100,000 member points, 2) Blue Cash with the $250 cashback 3) SPG with 40,000 reward points ... so I applied for all three because why not... and BING, BANG, BOOM! Instantly approved for all 3. Sure, my starting credit limit was only $1000 for the BCE and the SPG but whatever, I'll take it. Never thought I'd have AMEX cards. ... what a time to be alive, amiright or amiright? Moral of the story, if AMEX offers you a pre-qualified offers on their site, you take it. Was pretty legit for me. Good luck you all! 

For those who want to know more: I had 8 inquiries on my EX. I make $112k annually. One collection from 2011. Always reported a <5% UTIL. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX approvals!!! (with 3 exclamation marks)

Congrats on the 3 Amex approvals!! Interesting you got 3 in the same day.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are you planning to do with Platinum I'm thinking of getting it just for the 100k miles.
Message 4 of 16
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the triple approval! Smiley Very Happy I hear great things about the SPG!

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Love my SPG!
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow congrats on 3 for 3!!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, Awesome!  3 For 3 on the same day!  Enjoy the cards Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.