Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX --didn't quite make it

tag
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX --didn't quite make it

Nice limit, and looking forward to hearing how the next $40k request eventually goes.

Message 11 of 14
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to ya!!! Nice bump.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You still have a very nice limit now even though it isn't quite where you want it to be.  Very nice growth over 4 years!

Question though, I didn't see in your original post or your sig which Amex card this is?  I'm just curious.

Perhaps for your next CLI request you should consider "shooting high" and maybe they'll counter with something in the middle?  For example, if you ask for $45k-$50k maybe they'll counter with the $40k that you want?  I know this has been suggested with CLI requests in the past through other creditors; I don't know specifically with Amex if it would make a difference. 

Message 13 of 14
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You still have a very nice limit now even though it isn't quite where you want it to be.  Very nice growth over 4 years!

Question though, I didn't see in your original post or your sig which Amex card this is?  I'm just curious.

Perhaps for your next CLI request you should consider "shooting high" and maybe they'll counter with something in the middle?  For example, if you ask for $45k-$50k maybe they'll counter with the $40k that you want?  I know this has been suggested with CLI requests in the past through other creditors; I don't know specifically with Amex if it would make a difference. 

I have the BCE.  You make a good point about asking for a bit higher limit to try for the 40K.  I have also thought about doing the opposite too,  just asking for 37k next time and then 40k.  Maybe I can get there slow but sure in a year from now.  I will have to think about it.  Thanks for the reply.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.