Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: AMEX!! ;)

Congratulations!!  I started out with a $1,000 CLI Amex Everyday.  I just got my first 3x CLI to $3,000.  As long as you treat it right, you will be rewarded.  I can't wait for my next 3x CLI.

Current - FICO 8/2017: EX(764); EQ(742); TU(710)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Current Mortgage FICO - EX(739); EQ(730); TU(707)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($6,000); Capital One Venture ($5,500); Discover it ($3,600); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($27,000); Macy's Amex ($14,000)
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone! I got it in the mail today still feels surreal. I just wish I didn't feel so paranoid with Amex haha. All the stories of not to use it here or don't do that bothers me a tad but nevertheless I'm excited.

0 Kudos

Samster12 wrote:
I just wish I didn't feel so paranoid with Amex haha. All the stories of not to use it 

Well, of course use it! 

However, remember two simple rules:

1. NEVER depend on American Express CC, especially when you travel

2. ALWAYS cary some other brand CC as back up.

And you will be fine......

(Advice from somebody, who is on Amex extreme black list for last 18 years, but still have valid Amex card.) ;-)

Contributor
0 Kudos

Samster12 wrote:
So I was casually browsing the Amex site when I tried out the prequalified offers. To my surprise I was prequalified and ultimately decided to take the inquiry since I have zero on EX. I figured what the heck.

I was approved for 1000 for the BCE. The spinner was taking forever so I was assuming a big fat no. I'm still shocked even though I know I barely got in.

My EX score is 636 with 2% UTL. I currently have VS at 500 and secured discover 500. I have collections from 2014 but they've been paid. I'm so excited to be in with some better banks. I can't believe I took the chance on Amex with my score.

Congratulations! At least they didn't start you out at $500... Smiley Wink

FAKO: TU (677) EQ (664)
FICO8: TU (638) EQ (623)EXP (662)
Entering the Garden Sometime in 2017
Goal: Low 700's by the end of 2017
AMEX Plat | PRG | Delta Gold $5,000 | BCE $1,000 Barclay Rewards MC $1500 PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa $4500 | OLOC $500 Capital One QS $1700 / QS1 $1800 USAA Secured AMEX $1000 BoA Secured Cash Rewards $500 Discover It Secured $2500 NavyFed NRewards Secured $2000 | PLOC $2500

Regular Contributor

Judging by personal experience this week and seeing other posts, it looks like now is the time to apply for an Amex revolver if your goal is to get in the door. I was only approved for $500 but I prob shouldn't have been approved in first place. Also I did not prequalify for any offers and was still approved.

Rebuild Starting 10/2016: 590's across the board

6/1/2017: Experian 677- Transunion 708- Equifax 675
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

I applied a little over a month ago and felt like I shouldn't have been approved either. I was prequalified but still. It does seem something is up with Amex. At least my score has went up since I applied. I think it's weird they are suddenly approving people they typically wouldn't...

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

I am happy for you. When DW got her BCP  15K limit we were in for shock. We were looking for $5K to 10K.  Because of the limit we don't have worry about utilz so it gets used places where either Cap 1 QS or Citi DC would do better.   .  

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Congratulations and welcome to the AMEX family!

AMEX Platinum Card- NPSL // AMEX Green Card- NPSL // Bank of America Travel Rewards- $8,000 // Chase Sapphire Preferred- $8,000 // AMEX Delta Skymile Rewards- $5,000 // Venture One- $3.550 // Barclays JetBlue MC- $4,200 // Synchrony Walmart MC- $2,400 // Barclays Apple Rewards- $2,650 // AMEX BCE- $1,000 // Blaze MC- $2,000 // BP Gas- $900

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.