Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP Spree Results

tag
mahmood
Established Member

APP Spree Results

Up until a few weeks ago I only had two cc's at $5k limit each for $10k total.  There were some different rewards cards that I wanted and I wanted to apply for CLI's but I held off for 6 months because I knew I'd be needing a car loan come February/14 so I didn't want to have inquiries too close to that.

During that period my score went up from a 644 to a 688.

I applied for the car loan, got approved, then decided to app spree - I applied for a new Scotia card, got approved at $10k, then applied for an Amex card, got approved at $7,500, then a few days later applied to increase by $5k BMO card to $15k and they only approved me to $10k due to the # of recent inquiries, then a few days after that I tried to increase my Desjardins $5k card to $10k, initially they said they can only go up to $7,500 due to the inquiries, then when I explained each recent inquiry in the last few weeks and why, she went ahead and approved $10k.

So basically my combined CL went from $10,000 two weeks ago to $37,500 today Smiley Happy  My score has dropped from the 688 to 676 (and will probalby be 675 after today's inquiry is added), but not a big deal, now I'm curious to watch how much the new cards will help my score and likely won't app again for at least 6 months maybe longer.

I thought this might be helpful to some, shows that gardening for say, 6 months at a time could be helpful

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: APP Spree Results

Congrats on all your CLIs & new cards Smiley Happy

Your score increase is going to depend on what your current utilization that is reporting to the CRAs, you will probably see some points for adding the 3rd revolver as well.

Message 2 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Awesome spree, Congrats WTG!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 10
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@mahmood wrote:

Up until a few weeks ago I only had two cc's at $5k limit each for $10k total.  There were some different rewards cards that I wanted and I wanted to apply for CLI's but I held off for 6 months because I knew I'd be needing a car loan come February/14 so I didn't want to have inquiries too close to that.

I applied for the car loan, got approved, then decided to app spree - I applied for a new Scotia card, got approved at $10k, then applied for an Amex card, got approved at $7,500, then a few days later applied to increase by $5k BMO card to $15k and they only approved me to $10k due to the # of recent inquiries, then a few days after that I tried to increase my Desjardins $5k card to $10k, initially they said they can only go up to $7,500 due to the inquiries, then when I explained each recent inquiry in the last few weeks and why, she went ahead and approved $10k.

So basically my combined CL went from $10,000 two weeks ago to $37,500 today Smiley Happy  My score has dropped from the 688 to 676 (and will probalby be 675 after today's inquiry is added), but not a big deal, now I'm curious to watch how much the new cards will help my score and likely won't app again for at least 6 months maybe longer.

I thought this might be helpful to some, shows that gardening for say, 6 months at a time could be helpful

very nice!!! big congrats!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 10
mahmood
Established Member

Thanks guys!

Gdale6 my current utilizatoin with the old $10k combined limit is about 12%, so I guess that'll change to 3-4%.  Sounds like it won't have a big impact on my score since it was low to begin with?  Oh well, I'm still happy because someitme down the road if my balances do go up the overall utilization will still be relatively low.

Message 5 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Wow great results Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 10
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@mahmood wrote:

Congrats on your CLI and App Spree Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 8 of 10
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@mahmood wrote:

That was worth the score drop! Congrats on your app spree!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 9 of 10
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Awesome Job !

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.