Did you mean: 

APPROVED FOR AMEX GREEN CARD!

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: APPRVED FOR AMEX GREEN CARD!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting in with Amex! 😉😀

Message 13 of 23
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! 

Message 15 of 23
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: APPROVED FOR AMEX GREEN CARD!

congrats

Message 16 of 23
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can the Delta SkyMiles revolving card be transferred into a different revolving credit card from AMEX?

I'm not sure of that. But f it can. Will try it in a few months. A year maybe. 

Message 17 of 23
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Last year I applied for the AMEX Blue Travel card but was declined even when my Experian was a 720.  No derogatory records or anything.  Ended up getting the Capital One Venture with a $3k limit and a Barclays NFL Rewards card with a $6k limit.  Waited about a year and just got approved for the Discover It card with a $6k limit and was going to apply for the AMEX EveryDay card but was still hesitant on doing so and did some homework. According to a lot of people it is better to apply for one of the AMEX charge cards first then convert to a revolving a year down the line.  So I was just approved for the AMEX Green card so I'm really hoping that's my foot in the door to get a revolving AMEX credit card.  I've also heard that you don't have to wait a year either.  I've heard if approved for a charge card you can turn around and apply for a revolving AMEX credit card.  What is the best approach to obtain a revolving AMEX credit card?  What kind of FICO and qualifications does AMEX really use to make their decisions?

With AMEX you want all your ducks to be in a row first. Make sure there are no balances reporting on your three credit reports. Also, your typically auto denied at the 6-7 hard inquiry mark. Though if thats the only problem the reconsideration line will be more than able to give you the card if you call them. A 720 should be good enough. Furthermore, I suggest doing the prescreened offers and taking advantage of those deals... 250 cashback for AMEX BCP after spending 1k in 92 days of account opening. 

None of this info applied in my case. When. Apped amex. Had 11 inquiries. Score 696. Experian. Balanced on my many cards. Instantly approved. So it's a ymmv for sure. 

Message 18 of 23
madnutz
New Contributor

This was not hte case for me either, I recently got approved for both the PRG and the everyday preffered and I have 33 inquiries and 10% balance reporting, score was a 740

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED FOR AMEX GREEN CARD!

Congrats, very nice

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.