Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED FOR CSP WITH 650 FICO!!!

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: APPROVED FOR CSP WITH 650 FICO!!!

@Anonymouswrote:
What do you mean by AA?? I do plan on getting my utilization down! It will definitely help with getting more credit lines.

AA= Adverse Action. 

Chase and other creditors will monitor and pull SP on your reports. If there is anything on your report such high utilization, alot of new accounts, missed payments, etc, they could close your account or decrease your credit line.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
What do you mean by AA?? I do plan on getting my utilization down! It will definitely help with getting more credit lines.

AA = Adverse Action..

OP Congrats on your approvals! I don't know what Chase saw on your profile, Chase definitely loves you..

As for Amex.. They usually approve CLI on scores above 660ish EX I think..

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under the topics there is a list of frequently used abbreviations. You may wish to print it. Makes the boards a lot easier to follow!

Message 23 of 28
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@fltireguywrote:

@trustyCONGRATS to OP!!

wrote:

Congrats on the approval! Decent SL for limited history. Although, I thought Visa Infinite came with a five figure minimum line? Perhaps they are sending a Siggy?

Getting approved in the mid sixes... just goes to show that the Reserve product - with an AF of $450 - is a total moneymaker for the bank.

Netflix? ~ $150 annually.  Chase is only the same if you use your all of your $300 in travel credits, each and every year. Even if the percentage of customers that fail to travel is modest... Chase is making a killing, and doesn't have to make any movies, either.

Trusty - CSR? OP got approve for CSP.. not CSR . CSP is a siggy not a Infinite!

Oops! Disregard. No wonder it didn't much make sense. - I totally misread the approval. That said, I'm still a bit surprised, and yet, not suprised that the bank has decided to approve modest credit scores; on a high end product.

But, even banks have to try to make money; and, it looks like they're no longer maintaining higher standards for certain high end products. The realty for the bank, is that, modest credit scores are the true money makers.

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t think they are being more “modest”. I tried to apply for this card 6 months ago and got denied. I do have 2 accounts as an authorized user which is now closed with a 0 balance (my brothers credit cards).

They must like something on my credit report because I was authorized 2 accounts on the same day!
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel the same about AMEX. I can’t seem to get a CLI after being with them for almost 18 months but chase gave me 4x the limit of my AMEX on a new account.
Message 26 of 28
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
I don’t think they are being more “modest”. I tried to apply for this card 6 months ago and got denied. I do have 2 accounts as an authorized user which is now closed with a 0 balance (my brothers credit cards).

They must like something on my credit report because I was authorized 2 accounts on the same day!

The bank probably didn't approve the initial application, because it would appear that they require at least a year of credit history, versus 6 months.

Nevertheless, having only 1 year of credit history, and yet, getting approved for what is undoubtebly a top tier credit card... is definitely a feat.

Message 27 of 28
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Congratuations!   

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.