Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED for Discover IT!!!! CU pending

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

APPROVED for Discover IT!!!! CU pending

OMG. .

Went down to the CU, they send apps into UW could hear by end of day otherwise Tuesday

App'd online for Discover IT.   Got the "let me verify some more info" screen so I input my work info & earnings/rent info etc.   THAT took me to a screen that said they were reviewing my application and I should hear in the next 5-7 days or to expedite the process call #.   At the bottom it had an area to create a user name log-in so I took that as a good sign. 

Anyway.  I called.   The nice lady and I chit chatted for a few minutes, she asked why I wanted the card and I said I'd heard good things about Discover from friends (YOU GUYS!) and my parents as well as I was interested in the cash back.    She proceeded to just read off the employment and rental info and asked if it was accurate, if I liked my job (to gauge if I'm staying I guess) etc.  OH and she asked about my student loans, when I was going to enter repayment etc.

She then proceeded to tell me I am APPROVED!!!  With a limit of.......$4,000  with an intro 0% APR for 14months   OMG!!! 

I am in shock...and I must say I wouldn't even care if the CU denied me now LOL.....well I would but...

EDITED:  Just checked and Discover pulled TU.  My cleanest report of the 3 but lower Fico than EQ go figure. 

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: APPROVED for Discover IT!!!! CU pending

@awdsmama wrote:

OMG. .

Went down to the CU, they send apps into UW could hear by end of day otherwise Tuesday

App'd online for Discover IT.   Got the "let me verify some more info" screen so I input my work info & earnings/rent info etc.   THAT took me to a screen that said they were reviewing my application and I should hear in the next 5-7 days or to expedite the process call #.   At the bottom it had an area to create a user name log-in so I took that as a good sign. 

Anyway.  I called.   The nice lady and I chit chatted for a few minutes, she asked why I wanted the card and I said I'd heard good things about Discover from friends (YOU GUYS!) and my parents as well as I was interested in the cash back.    She proceeded to just read off the employment and rental info and asked if it was accurate, if I liked my job (to gauge if I'm staying I guess) etc.  OH and she asked about my student loans, when I was going to enter repayment etc.

She then proceeded to tell me I am APPROVED!!!  With a limit of.......$4,000  with an intro 0% APR for 14months   OMG!!! 

I am in shock...and I must say I wouldn't even care if the CU denied me now LOL.....well I would but...

CONGRATS!!!!

That is an awesome starting CL with Discover, i'm really hoping they give me an auto-CLI this month it will be 1 yr anniversary with a measly $1K CL. Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 18
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Awesome!!  Congratulations!! Smiley Happy

Do you know which CRA they pulled from ?

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 18
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Thanks! I admit my jaw drrrrropped when she said the amount!

Makes me wish I would have said more than $1,500  when the lady at the CU today asked me what amount I wanted to request for their Visa LOL.   Still waiting to hear from them though.  They closed 5min ago so I doubt it will be today.

App Free since 2/2013
Message 4 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@awdsmama wrote:

Thanks! I admit my jaw drrrrropped when she said the amount!

Makes me wish I would have said more than $1,500  when the lady at the CU today asked me what amount I wanted to request for their Visa LOL.   Still waiting to hear from them though.  They closed 5min ago so I doubt it will be today.

You might get between 7-10K with the CU. Fingers crossed!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on Discover It- awesome card. Good luck with the CU app too!

Message 6 of 18
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

REALLY?  I didn't even stop to think they may give more than I asked for.....

App Free since 2/2013
Message 7 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@awdsmama wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

They asked you for what you wanted?? I must have missed that. If you get the full amount i'd recon it ASAP and they might go even further with it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 18
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@awdsmama wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

They asked you for what you wanted?? I must have missed that. If you get the full amount i'd recon it ASAP and they might go even further with it.

Yup, she said she sends the app off to UW and they make the decision and asked what CL I wanted to ask for.  I know their visa products start at a $500 minimum so I thought $1,500 sounded good and that they may counter with $1,000 or $500 or then the secured version. 

She said they pull EX, which of course I have no idea what my Fico is on that one.    I forgot to ask the Discover rep who they pulled...guess I"ll find out when I get an alert!

App Free since 2/2013
Message 9 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@awdsmama wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@awdsmama wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Yup, she said she sends the app off to UW and they make the decision and asked what CL I wanted to ask for.  I know their visa products start at a $500 minimum so I thought $1,500 sounded good and that they may counter with $1,000 or $500 or then the secured version. 

She said they pull EX, which of course I have no idea what my Fico is on that one.    I forgot to ask the Discover rep who they pulled...guess I"ll find out when I get an alert!

What does your EX report look like (accounts, INQ's etc)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.