Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTO CLI from Capital One

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

AUTO CLI from Capital One

Got an auto CLI of $500 from Cap One after 6 statements. New CL is $1500. Started the account in April 2013 with $300 CL. Got 3 CLIs from EO $300 to $500, $500 to $800 and $800 to $1000. They are very tight in giving CLIs but hey something is better than nothing. Capital One trusted me when my credit was horrible. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AUTO CLI from Capital One

@sghosh5 wrote:

Got an auto CLI of $500 from Cap One after 6 statements. New CL is $1500. Started the account in April 2013 with $300 CL. Got 3 CLIs from EO $300 to $500, $500 to $800 and $800 to $1000. They are very tight in giving CLIs but hey something is better than nothing. Capital One trusted me when my credit was horrible. 

Congarts 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 19
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Awesome! Cap1 hooked me up when I had crap credit as well so that is why I am still loyal to them

Message 3 of 19
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Exactly. I dont understand why people complain so much about them. If you have great credit and want very high limit just dont apply for cards with them rather than opening an account and complain about low limits. Cap One cards serve the purpose of people who are trying to rebuild their credit.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 4 of 19
tld409
Regular Contributor

I couldn't agree more!  They really helped me with rebuilding. 

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 5 of 19
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@tld409 wrote:

I couldn't agree more!  They really helped me with rebuilding. 

That is exactly why I will be loyal. Because of Cap1... I have some pretty decent cards in my lineup

Message 6 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

I feel the exact same way they staredt me off on my return journey and will forever be grateful...

Then I read the bashing threads and all I can say is you didn't feel that way when you saw the words approved long ago now did you....Smiley Tongue

just my 2 cents tho and everyone is entitled to their views 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 19
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

I feel the exact same way they staredt me off on my return journey and will forever be grateful...

Then I read the bashing threads and all I can say is you didn't feel that way when you saw the words approved long ago now did you....Smiley Tongue

Exactly. They wanted them at one point and was happy to get that CL. I understand Cap1 doesnt grow with your score, but at least they are the reason you have your score (If thats how you started)

Message 8 of 19
red259
Super Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Exactly. They wanted them at one point and was happy to get that CL. I understand Cap1 doesnt grow with your score, but at least they are the reason you have your score (If thats how you started)

+1 Cap 1 Venture was my first card back when I returned to rebuild my credit and they gave me my first 5k line ever. The rewards post promptly and its a visa sig card. I have been very pleased with my experience. How long I keep the card may be a different story due to the AF and that its not my main spend card, but I will always remember that Cap 1 gave me a chance when other lenders wouldn't. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 9 of 19
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

The rewards post promptly and its a visa sig card. 

Indeed. I love the fact that the rewards post so fast unlike, say, AMEX. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.