Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to Best Buy App - Black Friday Questions - Update: Approved

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

About to Best Buy App - Black Friday Questions - Update: Approved

Happy Black Friday all! I'm considering applying for BB credit card tonight and taking advantage of some black friday deals. I have a few questions before I app.

1) It says "Apply today, shop today." If I get an instant approval does that mean I can make my purchase tonight?

2) Does Citi still pull EQ for this card?

3) What is my chance of an instant approval with Citi? (Details below)

My TU and EX scores are between 740-760. Vantage 3.0 shows me at 761 with Equifax (this is the only thing I really have to work with and I know this could be very far off from my real score). Gained a mortgage in March. No lates, no baddies, 3% credit card utilization. AAOA is 2 years, 4 months (according to CK). My credit limit over my 5 cards is $66K.

Your advice is very appreciated!

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: About to Best Buy App - Black Friday Questions

1) Yes

2) Pulled EX for me 3/16 Forida

3) Should be ok.

Now go snag that 55" HDTV for ony $179

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 19
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

1) Yes

2) Pulled EX for me 3/16 Forida

3) Should be ok.

Now go snag that 55" HDTV for ony $179

I'm also in FL and EX is my lowest but I should still be okay! I want that 55" for way more than $180! You need to hit $480 just to get the special long-time financing deal! I know I could do 10% cashback but I don't plan on paying this back in the next 4 months.

Thanks so much for your info!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 19
rebound2014
Contributor

I'm in the exact same boat as I sit here and formulate a gameplan.. If I pull the trigger tonight and they were to pull EQ then I'm already below the supposed "magic number 5" on inqs... if they pull EX then I'm currrently sitting at 6. If I wait till Sunday, one more inquiry on EQ & EX will no longer fall under "within the last 12 months"... but if I wait until Sunday will the price remain?!?!? I'm also in FL but currently out of state visiting family (which also presents an additional 2.5% on the tax rate which can really add up). Online or In-Store? I'm killing myself here trying to gauge my results.. all thanks to the myFICO virus we all suffer from haha! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 19
rebound2014
Contributor

All of that to say... did you pull the trigger tonight yourself? Results? 

Message 5 of 19
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@rebound2014 wrote:

I'm in the exact same boat as I sit here and formulate a gameplan.. If I pull the trigger tonight and they were to pull EQ then I'm already below the supposed "magic number 5" on inqs... if they pull EX then I'm currrently sitting at 6. If I wait till Sunday, one more inquiry on EQ & EX will no longer fall under "within the last 12 months"... but if I wait until Sunday will the price remain?!?!? I'm also in FL but currently out of state visiting family (which also presents an additional 2.5% on the tax rate which can really add up). Online or In-Store? I'm killing myself here trying to gauge my results.. all thanks to the myFICO virus we all suffer from haha! Smiley Very Happy

I didn't even know about the "magic 5" number. I have 6 inquiries on Equifax. 3 on TU and EX. I hope they don't pull Equifax...although 3-4 of my inquiries are all while house shopping. I just hope I get a high SL because I hate running high limits. I'd be fine with 5K but that would make it my lowest limit by a few thousand.

Haven't pulled yet. Going to see if my S.O. wants to add something they've been eyeing to my cart and let them pay it off over time.

It probably doesn't actually impact anything but I'm adding to my cart before applying...even though I know this isn't a SCT card...it makes me feel a little better for some reason.

Message 6 of 19
rebound2014
Contributor

Hahahaha... Yup, I've done the same thing. I have a loaded cart, currently sitting at the payment page wondering why on Earth they are not offering up some "Apply for..." link at this stage in the order. I was hoping that there would be some algorithm in there to detect purchase amounts but I don't see anything that would allow the system to share info at that level if I can't even click a tab to apply. The SL and risking high util is my concern, too. 

The 5 inqs was mentioned in previous threads by someone who spoke with UW on recon and the guy implied to him that 5 or less was kinda the magic number to avoid their stock "too many recent inq" denial.

Message 7 of 19
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@rebound2014 wrote:

Hahahaha... Yup, I've done the same thing. I have a loaded cart, currently sitting at the payment page wondering why on Earth they are not offering up some "Apply for..." link at this stage in the order. I was hoping that there would be some algorithm in there to detect purchase amounts but I don't see anything that would allow the system to share info at that level if I can't even click a tab to apply. The SL and risking high util is my concern, too. 

The 5 inqs was mentioned in previous threads by someone who spoke with UW on recon and the guy implied to him that 5 or less was kinda the magic number to avoid their stock "too many recent inq" denial.

Weird, I do see "Apply Today!" right next to my total...

Message 8 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Remember that monday is cyber-monday and there will be tons of new sales to check from. If you think your EQ will improve this weekend, just chill til monday

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 19
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Approved for 4K, chances of reconning a higher limit without a HP? Already made a purchase over $1700.

Thanks Everyone!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.