cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alaska Airline/Southwest Card Approved !

tag
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

Alaska Airline/Southwest Card Approved !

Applied for both a Southwest Credit Card (I fly direct to Ca oftern from Portland) and they are always the best rate and I also fly to Boise from Portland often aswell so i applied for the Alaska Airline Credit Card. Was approved with Southwest at $2,000 and Alaska at $2,700. Both of these limits are on the lowet end of what i was thinking, has anyone ever reconed the SL for either one of these cards? Current UTI is 12% zero negative factors. Any suggestions on if i can get these bumped up? If so will the Recon be a HP or SP 

Current Scores are TU-752 EX-730 EQ-730 

12/23 Fico Score 8 TU-761 EX -747 EQ-734
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alaska Airline/Southwest Card Approved !

I would cancel the Alaska Card, they cheated you out of the bonus. You will not get the bonus miles since you were not approved for the Visa Signature version of the card. The Platinum Plus version of the card is inferior and not worth the AF. Congrats on the Southwest approval though! You will still get the higher bonus from Chase on the Southwest card, use it for a few months than request an increase. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both of your approvals! 

Message 3 of 11
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

So theres no way to get the bonus? If i am not wrong I dont think my scores are that bad for those limits or am i wrong?

Thank you! 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Southwest CLI will be an HP.
Message 5 of 11
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

Bummer, do you know if they Auto cli ? If so how offer
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abelcrdn wrote:
Bummer, do you know if they Auto cli ? If so how offer

The only auto cli i 've ever had was from Chase SW card, i am a big fan of SW, that is the only airline i use and no complaints here, i  have my companion pass so my DW flight free lol.

I started with $4500 and 13 months later i am at $25000 with just one HP.

I personally think that if you flight Alaska Airline a lot keep it but if you were thinking in taking advantage of the sign in bonus you will be disappointed, you won't get the 30K bonus miles 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No way to get the bonus Smiley Sad( I know I was in the same boat as you and that is why I have vowed to never do business with BOA again they are shady AF. I agree with the other poster, give it 6 months and take the HP for the increase with Chase, they are extremely generous and it will be worth it. In a years time they will also upgrade to the Visa Siggy. I love Chase.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No way to get the bonus Smiley Sad( I know I was in the same boat as you and that is why I have vowed to never do business with BOA again they are shady AF. I agree with the other poster, give it 6 months and take the HP for the increase with Chase, they are extremely generous and it will be worth it. In a years time they will also upgrade to the Visa Siggy. I love Chase.

Totally agree, if you keep it (Chase SW) after 6 months take a HP and if you get more than 5K you can request your Siggy, i love Chase Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 11
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

I do fly Alaska often.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.