Not applicable

Re: Alliant CU approval

Congrats.  I joined NFCU yesterday and they HP'ed me.  :unhappy camper:

Message 12 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Alliant CU approval

@Anonymous wrote:

On Friday i applied for Alliant CU. I paid the donation fee, became a memeber, in which they did a soft pull, and then called and spoke with a loan officer to apply for my card. He asked me what my highest credit limit was, i told him 20,500, then 13k on another.  He then said i could do the rewards or low internest rate visa.  I chose the rewards.  He informed me he would pull my credit, asked me some questions, then came back and said he couldnt match my highest offer because i have too many new accounts and too many inquiries (23) on equifax.  Granted 4 of those were from the day before shopping for a car.  He did offer 2.99 percent interest for 12 months, because of my credit score (708) and 10k limit.  I told him that was ok and i understood.  Honestly i was suprised i would be approved with all my new accounts and inquiries.  Anyways, after the verbal approval, he said i needed to send him two most recent paystubs, and because i changed jobs 3 weeks ago, he wanted me to send the letter of intent from my job which had my salary and bonus potential on it-along with my id.  so i sent all of it, and that was that. he said i was approved but that all the documents just needed review and on monday they would call me and send out the card.  he also told me i can get a car loan for 2.99 percent, but i ended up getting financed by the dealership for 4.5 percent.  i did the car deal before i knew about the alliant offer unfortunatley. 

Congrats!! I'm surprised you didn't scoop up the 1.49% deal Penfed has going since you're a member.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.