Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant approved!!!

tag
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

Alliant approved!!!

In shock that alliant cu approved me.   I opened a savings account and decided to try for the rewards visa.   I asked for 4000, didn't want to ask too much.   It got me to the we have your application screen.   Three days later I log in to get my account number to set up direct deposit and under the savings account there was a visa with a 4000 dollar limit.   Didn't even get a welcome email or anything (is that normal?) so I called in to check that it really was approved.  (It was I'm just so used to seeing denials.)  I asked what the interest rate was and the representative said 5.99.  Thinking maybe she meant 15.99.....; I'm still recovering from a bankruptcy in 2010. 

Some info: My scores are from 650 to 670.  Most of my negatives have fallen off my report so now it just shows that there was a bk.  9 of my 10 cards showed a balance reporting, none going over 10 percent utilization.  

I've said it before and here it is again,  thank you to every member who contributes to this forum.  I think I really am done applying for new cards. Smiley Happy 

Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Alliant approved!!!

Awesome apr! Congratulations!
Message 2 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Yes it is perfectly normal. Smiley Happy

Congrats.gif

Message 3 of 24
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Congrats...Alliant is a great CU, been with them for over 10 years.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 5 of 24
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations Alliant is an awesome cu😆
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congratulations!!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 24
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome to the ACU family, thaks to Baller I am now a proud adoptee as well. They blessed me with an amazing SL

Message 9 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats and welcome to the ACU family, thaks to Baller I am now a proud adoptee as well. They blessed me with an amazing SL

You sure did cameron! Alliant rocks! Rock on wit yo bad self!😄

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.