Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx BCE approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx BCE approved

Good morning everyone,

A couple of months ago I opened this thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Getting-my-first-unsecured-CC/td-p/4592298 asking for recommendations on getting my first unsecured CC. Summer got in the middle (vacations, visit from family, time outdoors, etc) and I did not revisited the subject. However, today I applied for AmEx BCE and was approved!

I applied online (I used the pre-qualify tool and I was not pre-qualified for BCE) and instantly got a message telling me to call in. They just confirmed my personal info and got approved after 2-3 mins on hold. The card itself will come in the mail in 2-3 business days, but I already signed up into my online account and check that the it will have a $6000 CL. For now I am happy with it, not thinking about getting any new CC, but to use this one properly.

I wanted to thank everyone that provided great advice in my previous posts and the forum in general.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx BCE approved

Congrats also a nice SL to

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! For your first unsecured credit card, that is an outstanding limit. Most people who have established history don't get that much. Amex really has faith in you. Congrats!

What are your scores? Also, how long have you had your secured card?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just read your other thread and got my answers! Congrats and good luck on your credit journey!!😊
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning everyone,

A couple of months ago I opened this thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Getting-my-first-unsecured-CC/td-p/4592298 asking for recommendations on getting my first unsecured CC. Summer got in the middle (vacations, visit from family, time outdoors, etc) and I did not revisited the subject. However, today I applied for AmEx BCE and was approved!

I applied online (I used the pre-qualify tool and I was not pre-qualified for BCE) and instantly got a message telling me to call in. They just confirmed my personal info and got approved after 2-3 mins on hold. The card itself will come in the mail in 2-3 business days, but I already signed up into my online account and check that the it will have a $6000 CL. For now I am happy with it, not thinking about getting any new CC, but to use this one properly.

I wanted to thank everyone that provided great advice in my previous posts and the forum in general.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

You got 4X more than my SL when I got BCE!   Congrats, and sign up for as many Amex Offers as you can use!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone! I was astonished when I found out the limit on the card too.

I will keep an eye on Amex offers for sure. Thanks for the advice SunriseEarth.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.