Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx PRG Approved AND NFCU goRewards CLI

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

AmEx PRG Approved AND NFCU goRewards CLI

I applied and was immediately approved for AmEx PRG... $0 fee first year, 25K pts for $2K spend.

I also hit the "Max Amount" on my goRewards MC for my first-ever CLI with NFCU.... went from $2.1K to $6.3K. Maybe AmEx made the decision for NFCU (3x CLI) Smiley Wink   Was hoping for more, like $15K or $20K, but no such luck. Still, a CLI is a CLI.

Best part -- no hard pulls for either the new account (I have Delta Gold AmEx) and nothing reporting yet for my Navy CLI.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx PRG Approved AND NFCU goRewards CLI

Congrats! I applied for the prg on the 1st of the month and haven't gotten a hard pull for it!

Nice cli too!!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you not find a PRG 50k point offer in incognito mode?

Message 3 of 12
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

did you not find a PRG 50k point offer in incognito mode?

I never get better offers in Incognito... it just tells me to log into my account. That's with Chrome & Safari both.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

well if you check for prequals it will ask you to log in but if you just go to charge and credit card offers you should see the 50k offer, you might have to clear your browser history

Message 5 of 12
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well if you check for prequals it will ask you to log in but if you just go to charge and credit card offers you should see the 50k offer, you might have to clear your browser history

Crap. What's done is done. I even chatted with an AmEx rep online and they said you're SOL buddy.

Is what it is. I have to see if it's worth it to keep it a second year. If I decide I really like it, I might just go for the Plat.

ETA: I checked it and I see the 50K offer... I really s**t the bed!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP! PRG has been my DD since last December. It's a great card and don't forget to take advantage of the travel benefits!
Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job Op! Sp luv is simply FANTASTICSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I felt inspired yesterday and applied for the card as well.  Instant approval with my experian at 668.  Currently have had my EDC for a year now with a 1500 credit limit.  I've been wanting to apply for the card for awhile so I just went for it because you never know when the 50k bonus might go away

Message 9 of 12
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! It's beautiful. They overnighted it to me without even having a conversation with them. Be on the lookout if you're an existing customer -- they want you to have this card ASAP!

I applied Sunday, received yesterday; no request to overnight.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.