Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card Big CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Store Card Big CLI!

My original limit was $1,000 back in November 2015 which I was grateful for. I didn't use it over Xmas as I'd intended to, but made a few small purchases (beauty supplies and vitamins) in Jan/Feb and PIF. 

But I earlier this month, I needed to purchase another Surface Pro 4 tablet and keyboard. Total come to $1351. I logged into my account and hit the "request limit increase" button. This was on a Sunday evening. It instantly came back with "congratulation! Your limit increased to $1,750.

That would get my limit high enough to cover the purchase, but would also nearly max me out and drop my FICO for a month or 2 until it showed PIF again. I got braved and called Credit Solutions. Told the guy I was buying computer equipment for $1351 (it was, in fact, still in my basket waiting to check out.) I told me I had other ways of paying for this, like se my AU  on Citibank limit of $10k and get airline points. But said I'd rather use Amazon and get the 5% statement credit. And that I wasn't comfortable with maxing out a new limit card.

He asked me the usual questions: income, etc. He asked me how much I wanted and I aimed for the stars: $10,000. I said, I wanted to keep the utili on my cards down to 20% max. Then put me on hold and came back with "would $6,000 be alright" He and I quickly did the math and came to the same conclusion that the new purchase would put me at 22% UT. For a split second, I nearly said, "nah, I need $10k). Instead I counting my lucky stars and was gracious with the thanks.

This is now officially my highest limit, with the others being $3k to $5k.

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card Big CLI!

Nice, congrats on the CLI

Message 2 of 17
Officer737
Established Contributor

Nice! Congrats! I try and do the same thing. I am looking to buy a mower Monday and called in to get my limit raised on my Lowes card. It went from $300 to $5,000

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 17
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Synchrony ROCKS!

Message 6 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Grats on the increase. Always nice!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 17
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Nice! Congrats on the increase!
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! Congratulations on your big cli.
Message 9 of 17
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Enjoy the increase!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.