Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card for DH

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Store Card for DH

Hey y'all-

i just wanted to say thank you on behalf of my DH for his Amazon Prime Store card approval tonight. He has taken advice from this forum that I have given him and put it to good use. Scores are only about 635 across the board. He is patiently waiting for an Amex BCE, but was wanting the Amazon card for a while. We researched the topic for days here on this forum and Credit pulls database, and against my judgement, he said pull the trigger. I was so nervous for him because he has worked really hard on his scores. Well, he got the "call in to finish app" message. Gave them a ring, read back a text code, and Congrats, here's $600. Bought dog food with new $10 gift card (total was $.58) He would have never had the guts if it wasn't for you all. 

Here are his stats so they may help someone else on their journey:

scores hover around 635 across all 3

1 very recent baddie that we are fighting (4 months old)

11% utility on Cap1 secured, and 2 Comenity accounts

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card for DH

Thats greatSmiley Happy. The card has tons of room for growth so as his score rises, so shall his limitSmiley Happy Well doneSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AJC! Well, to tell you the truth, I guarantee you before we started following this forum, if he would have got that message with the reference code to call in, we would have just ignored it as a denial. We were used to never being approved for anything for so long that we didn't even know what were the odds of actually getting another Cc at some point. Reading everyone's experiences here really has given us the courage to try harder in our journey.
Message 3 of 7
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

As has been said, use it wisely and it will grow with you!  Its one example where the store card is better than the major network card because of the 5% or 0% financing on large purchases.

Just be careful and use it wisely.  Its easy to get the Amazon bug and buy stuff you don't need! Smiley Happy

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

7 feel 7a on that Rebeezy, if you dont know , sometimes you just assume it soSmiley Wink. I lacked alot of true credit knowledge until i found this place. Its amazing. If i got approved for a 1,000, that card would stay that way unless i got auto love because i didnt realize you can make credit work for you and that limits can grow with your score and responsible use. Just use them responsibly and try not to put so much on them that you cant pay em down, these are rules im trying to live day by daySmiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok that first line should read i feel ya lolSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Congrats.  My scores were low when I got this card so my limit was low.  Now that my scores have risen my limit is up to $10K.  I could probably ask for more but have no real need.

Keep up the good work.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.