cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Visa (Chase) denial turned APPROVAL with successful recon!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Visa (Chase) denial turned APPROVAL with successful recon!!!

Okay this one was a tough one for me to hit submit on. I charged off a Chase card for about $2600 almost 7 years ago and even though my credit is looking better, I went for it as I'm a prime member and from reading this is one of the easier cards to get from Chase. So, submitted app yesterday and it gave the 30 day message which is good as last year I was turned down immediately. So, today I call robo lady and get the dreaded 7-10 message. Boo!

So, I called just earlier the recon number listed in the backdoor thread and immediately a human being picked up and said his name was, wait for it, the same as my first name! I thought this was a good start lol! He advised me the reason for the denial was because of the prior chase default account. He asked if I would like him to reconsider the application and I obliged! We went over the issue and I explained my side and what I've done to fix it and hopefully make sure it doesn't happen again and that I'd like to prove myself to Chase once again and after a bit of hold time and some verification of some other things, address stuff, he said congratulations, I'm approving your application! 

So, I'm so ecstatic right now about being back with Chase and that this recon gentleman took the time to listen to my story and approve me. He started me off with $1,000 but said once I prove myself I can get this bumped easily with my credit file. Very happy right now! So, thanks Chase! This recon stuff really works guys! Thanks!!!!

Oh and, my $70 gift card for signing up and getting approved is already showing on my Amazon Prime account! Haha! Woot!

Edited to add---

Chase originally pulled EQ and today I received notice of a EX hit as well. So, thought this would be useful to add for some. Not sure if it was from recon or not though as the recon gentleman didn't mention another pull being done. Probably just late notice on the hit from fico is all. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Visa (Chase) denial turned APPROVAL with successful recon!!!

Nice job, treat em good Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Nice congrats OP that's great
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome good work! What are your scores if you don't mind me asking?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My current EQ, which is what they pulled, is at 681.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, rmm! That is awesome! It seems like Chase is willing to listen. I just got approved for the Chase Amazon (not prime) too on recon, 15 months post-BK7. $500 SL. Did the rep say how long you should re-establish with them before asking for a CLI?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations, rmm! That is awesome! It seems like Chase is willing to listen. I just got approved for the Chase Amazon (not prime) too on recon, 15 months post-BK7. $500 SL. Did the rep say how long you should re-establish with them before asking for a CLI?

That's awesome! No he didn't say but I also didn't ask. I probably should have but I was too busy jumping up in the air after he told me he was approving the application lmao! I'm sure someone here knows a good answer for that though! 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmm140 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's awesome! No he didn't say but I also didn't ask. I probably should have but I was too busy jumping up in the air after he told me he was approving the application lmao! I'm sure someone here knows a good answer for that though! 

Lol! That is why I was asking you, because I was too excited to think about asking! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job rmm, no better feeling than getting back in with a lender you burnedSmiley Happy.Enjoy the feelingSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

For data points, do you mind sharing your credit profile, any baddies, Utilization, new accounts in the last tow years, etc.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.