cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card Approved!

tag
estukay
New Contributor

Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card Approved!

Hello MyFico,

So I am a college student Prime member, and as you can guess, I use Amazon a lot.. I mean a lot, I problaby spend over 5k every year on there from books to whey protein to water bottles. Anyways, I've been getting the apply for the Amazon Prime Visa card and get $70.00 gift card. I was tempted, like really tempted for a while but decided to hold off. I honestly was anxious and a little nervous to apply. I think I should note that I do have a relationship with Chase, a Freedom card with 7,9000 CL and I do bank with them, so I don't know if that helped or not. But anyways, I was going to hold off until next semester to buy my books, but I thought, heck why not, my birthday's coming up and I rather get the inquiry now, than wait later since it'll problaby take longer to fall.

Anyways, to end the story, I applied today and got approved !!!

I am beyong ecstatic and filled with joy that I got approved! Best pre birthday present and this will be my first metal card, and since I use Amazon Prime quiet a bit, it should gain me some points quite rapidly.

If you guys have any tips or comments, let me know!

EDIT: I had to edit this post because I checked my Chase accounts to see if its in my accounts and it says my credit limit is $6,000!!! I am too excited over this card! I got an extra $1000 than stated when approved! Sweet!

Here's my approval stats:Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 1.10.54 AM.png

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card Approved!

Fantastic! Glad to see someone who uses Amazon alot get a sufficient cl. Enjoy and Happy BDaySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I may end up picking this up too because you have no limit on the 5% and i buy almost everything from Amazon. Great card for sure!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, estukay! What a great SL! Nice, nice, nice! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@estukay wrote:

Hello MyFico,

So I am a college student Prime member, and as you can guess, I use Amazon a lot.. I mean a lot, I problaby spend over 5k every year on there from books to whey protein to water bottles. Anyways, I've been getting the apply for the Amazon Prime Visa card and get $70.00 gift card. I was tempted, like really tempted for a while but decided to hold off. I honestly was anxious and a little nervous to apply. I think I should note that I do have a relationship with Chase, a Freedom card with 7,9000 CL and I do bank with them, so I don't know if that helped or not. But anyways, I was going to hold off until next semester to buy my books, but I thought, heck why not, my birthday's coming up and I rather get the inquiry now, than wait later since it'll problaby take longer to fall.

Anyways, to end the story, I applied today and got approved !!!

I am beyong ecstatic and filled with joy that I got approved! Best pre birthday present and this will be my first metal card, and since I use Amazon Prime quiet a bit, it should gain me some points quite rapidly.

If you guys have any tips or comments, let me know!

EDIT: I had to edit this post because I checked my Chase accounts to see if its in my accounts and it says my credit limit is $6,000!!! I am too excited over this card! I got an extra $1000 than stated when approved! Sweet!

Congrats! $5K was my starting limit as well, and seems to be the highest they'll state on the application, even when they give you more on the back end. 

Message 5 of 10
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice SL and APR I've had this card for two years and it's my lowest limit stuck at $1000. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 10
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

Great CL!  NIce way to build your credit! Enjoy!

Message 8 of 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
nice SL and APR I've had this card for two years and it's my lowest limit stuck at $1000. Smiley Sad

Chase cards rarely auto CLI. If you're wanting growth, you'll have to take a HP and ask for a CLI, or a HP for another Chase account and move some of the limit over. 

I've had a $3,500 Feeeson (now Freedom Unlimited) for two years and never received any sort of CLI, automatic or via HP. I recently was approved for the AARP Visa, and eventually I'll be moving 2/3 of that limit over to my Freedom, and the rest to my Amazon Prime Visa. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell us what your score was looking like to get the approval?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.