Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store CLI Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store CLI Success

So last week, I think, I got on chat and asked for a CLI to my Amazon Store card. I felt sheepish about doing it, I'm on the edge of finishing my rebuild, so I only asked for $1,500, up from $800. They approved it through chat. The same day, I was in my Wal Mart store account, and decided to hit the luv button there. I asked for $2000, and got it. So I hit it again and asked for $3000, and I got it. I then asked for $5K and was shot down, so I stopped. 

And it's been nagging me that I may have left "money" on the table with Amazon, so I logged in today, after my payment posted yesterday, and got on chat. I flat out asked for $5K, and they countered at $3,500, so I took it. I'm pleased ... it's been a great week or two for me. I got a raise at work (that I had pretty much written off), I was approved for the BCE with a $2K limit, and now this increase. 

My ONLY desire now is for my Discover Secured card, which I've had for 13 months now, to graduate. Part of me has a feeling that I'd be better off just closing it, now that I've received my year end match, and re-apping for a regular unsecured card. I may just wait on that though, since I just got my BCE, with its 15 month promo period, and reapp for Discover later in the year to take advantage of any promo offers they may have later in the year Smiley Happy 

OK I lied ... my other desire would be to get CLIs on both my QS and QS1 cards, but I'm getting the too many inquiries denial. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store CLI Success

Congrats!! Good work. I would wait out the Discover card (not close it). You have your foot in the door already. Have you tried to contact Discover in regards to getting your card graduated...nothing fails but a try. You may be pleasantly  surprised...good luck!!Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!! Good work. I would wait out the Discover card (not close it). You have your foot in the door already. Have you tried to contact Discover in regards to getting your card graduated...nothing fails but a try. You may be pleasantly  surprised...good luck!!Smiley Happy

I contacted them several months back, probably four or more, when they first started graduating secured card holders, and at that time, of course, no joy, nor any real information, but yes, I may give them a chat today and see what happens. It's not like I need it .. .but I sure do want it Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I contacted them several months back, probably four or more, when they first started graduating secured card holders, and at that time, of course, no joy, nor any real information, but yes, I may give them a chat today and see what happens. It's not like I need it .. .but I sure do want it Smiley Happy 

Rooting for ya...good luck!!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree with doingit1! Congrats on your Amazon cli good job! 😊
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just love applying for credit cards it's very exciting and fun 😋 Yayyy!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Rooting for ya...good luck!!

No joy ... at least today. My "review" is done each month on the 20th (which I knew), so I guess I could still get the "good news" email today or even next week, so for now, I sit tight and the Disco goes back in the filing cabinet drawer Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can apply for a second Disco card now that your first is over a year old. You could apply for a second, if approved combine them.... if denied, keep the secured.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can apply for a second Disco card now that your first is over a year old. You could apply for a second, if approved combine them.... if denied, keep the secured.

Yeah ... I think I'll wait though ... One, I just got a new BCE card, and it has a 15 month 0% apr promotion, so I'm going to use that exclusively for the next three months for sure. 

Discover has 0% apr promtions too, so if I don't graduate, say, by September or October, I can app then, use the 0% promotion available at that time (assuming there is one) and with my scores continuing to improve, hopefully bag a larger SL. 

I don't generally carry a balance, but it'll be nice to be able to without paying interest, if I needed to. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.